Problem adding Cash App to accounts (Q Mac)

I am trying to add the Cash App to my accounts (it's a person to person payment service that is backed by Sutton Bank). The Cash App appears in the supported institutions list but when I attempt to add the account I get an error: AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.189)

As a software developer it looks like this is an application bug (probably on the backend) with "scraping" the data from the Cash App website cash.app/login

Has anyone else had an issue, or success with adding the Cash App?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You are correct that the Aggregator referred to is a back end server for the Quicken Connect system. You will want to reach out to official Quicken support as they have better tools/knowledge of what that error is (i.e. bank blocking access, script errors, server not responding, etc.). It isn't something you can resolve locally.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
  • Tried to resolve this using online chat. That was useless. They suggested a 3-way call with the "Cash App" people and Quicken support. Funny thing is, Cash App doesn't have a phone number for support. It's an app...
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Funny thing is, Cash App doesn't have a phone number for support. It's an app...
    Well, whoever publishes the app, and/or the bank you're connected to, do offer support, because if Quicken supports it, someone signed up to have Quicken support it. ;)

Isn't Cash App from Square? In the App Store, it says "banking services provided by Sutton Bank or Lincoln Savings Bank", but for support, you probably have to deal with Cash App, e.g. Square.  In any case, if you go to the Cash.app website, I see there is a path to contact support. You might have to talk to them via chat support first in order to get a phone number to connect them with Quicken. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Contacted Quicken phone support. They escalated it to the backend developers as I suspected they would. Hopefully they resolve this before my 30 day free trial is up since this not functioning is makes the app virtually useless.
  • Well, I tried again today to add the Cash App and the error message is different:

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_BLOCKING:ccscrape.155)

Error 155 FI is blocking our access
    Please verify that you can connect to your bank and navigate until you can see your most recent transactions.

So I did that... and I have no problem accessing my transactions via both the Cash App on the store and via Cash.app website.

I contacted Cash App support and they know nothing about Quicken, like they haven't even heard of them lol (figures a fancy tech startup wouldn't know about a 20+ year old company). Anyway, I'm still unable to use Cash App and Quicken together which is a major disappointment.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I contacted Cash App support and they know nothing about Quicken, like they haven't even heard of them lol
    Well, I'd say that the person you spoke with doesn't know, but someone at Cash App or Square does -- because it wouldn't show up as a financial institution you can connect to n Quicken unless they had signed a contract with Quicken or Intuit to allow the service! So you may need to try again to get a different support agent, or ask that they escalate your call to someone in their IT department who is familiar with Quicken or Intuit connectivity. Someone there does -- but finding the right person in a large organization can sometimes be difficult.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.