Quicken Premier 2017. How can I delete a transfer order that has a corrupted bank password? The date

Quicken Premier 2017. How can I delete a transfer order that has a corrupted bank password? The date is grayed out and can’t be changed. I was able to change the amount to a 0.10. The order appears as “NOT SENT” and never makes it into the register. It is rejected by the bank. It pops up when I exit Quicken reminding me that I bank orders to send.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2017 discontinued support for Online Services over 7 months ago: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy

I suggest you recreate the register: save a data file backup (press Crtl + B), create a new manual account register (select Tools->Add Account...),  move the desired transactions from the original register to the new register (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160099/faq-how-do-i-move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts), reset any Memorized Payees and Reminders referencing the original register to use the new register, delete the original register and rename the new register. 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hi @Bruce Leeper

Have you tried deactivating the bank account?  If you deactivate, it is likely that you'll be able to delete that transfer.  To deactivate:

1) Open the account register in Quicken >
    2) Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right >
    3) Select "Edit Account Details" >
    4) Click on the "Online Services" at the top of the pop-up >
    5) In the "online Services" box - Click the "Deactivate" button >
    6) In the pop-up asking whether you want to continue - select "Yes".

Once that process is completed - go to the account register and delete the transaction that is "stuck".  Afterwards, follow the same instructions as above with the following changes:

Steps 1) through 4) - same as above.
    5) In the "online Services" box - Click the "Setup Now" button >
    6) Enter the name of you financial institution in the "Search" field and then double click on that Name in the list that appears >
    7) Enter your "User Name" and "Password" in the boxes and Click "Connect"
    8) Once the application returns a list of "accounts" - find this account on the list, and in the far right "Action" column - click on the down arrow and the hover over "Link to existing account" then click on the correct account name in the new box. Click "Next"

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -