Updated transactions from bank

Before the most recent update, whenever I did my daily bank update, all new transactions were itemized at bottom of screen with option to "accept all" or otherwise. Now, this option went away; I have to search thru the register to try to find out what is new. How do I get this functionality back? I know there is a way since this happened a long time ago and I figured out how to correct it, but I am stumped this time. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions, deselect the "Automatically add to ..." settings.

It isn't this setting right click on the account name in the account bar and select Edit/Delete account and then the Online Services tab.  On this tab there is a setting for following the global setting or overriding it for automatic transaction entry.

Also I would mention that if you have the Status column on and expand it to see the text, when using automatic entry mode then the new transactions will either have a status New or New Match.  And you can even click on the Status column to sort by the status so that the new transactions are all grouped together.  You "review" them by clicking on the status text.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions, deselect the "Automatically add to ..." settings.

It isn't this setting right click on the account name in the account bar and select Edit/Delete account and then the Online Services tab.  On this tab there is a setting for following the global setting or overriding it for automatic transaction entry.

Also I would mention that if you have the Status column on and expand it to see the text, when using automatic entry mode then the new transactions will either have a status New or New Match.  And you can even click on the Status column to sort by the status so that the new transactions are all grouped together.  You "review" them by clicking on the status text.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bigb1026
    bigb1026 Member
    Thanks Chris! Excellent info. Stay well, Happy Holidays.