Problem downloading from Kinecta FCU (Q Mac)

gkayano
gkayano Member
Quicken seemed to have disassociated some of my Kinecta FCU accounts so that I can no longer reconcile them by using my online balances. When i tried to add them again as new accounts, the account types showed up, but they all had the word "Unknown" in front of the account name & description. When I tried adding them, Quicken added the new accounts, but they were all empty, with no transactions and a $0 balance. Does anyone else have a similar problem or know how this can be fixed? I tried creating a new Quicken database with no accounts and tried adding my Kinecta accounts and had the same issue - all accounts showed up in Quicken with no transactions and $0 balances.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gkayano

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing Kinecta in our financial institution list and see that they have an option to connect using Direct Connect.

I would attempt to add the accounts once more and choose "Options."

Then choose Direct Connect, and attempt to sign in with your Kinecta credentials.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • gkayano
    gkayano Member
    Hi Tyka. Thanks for your response and suggestion. I tried using Direct Connect and put in the same user ID and password that I use for Quicken Connect, but for some reason, it doesn't seem to recognize my account in Direct Connect - I got a "Incorrect Customer ID or Password/PIN" error. I'm not sure why it doesn't accept it using Direct Connect.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gkayano

Thank you for giving those steps and try and letting me know the results. Every bank is different, it would appear that Kinect requires enrollment for Direct Connect this may or may not require a fee.

At this point, I would recommend contacting support directly for a review of the logs to help determine the cause of the issue.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has the ability to escalate this issue, if neccessary.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • DCP
    DCP Member ✭✭
    Use Kinecta Member No. (not user name or account number) as Quicken "Member Number".

If you have created a new account online (not uncommon during COVID-19), and/or you have not yet received a statement (where it shows in the top upper right hand portion) then you may be unaware of what your Kinecta Member Number is. Your Member Number is the the first seven digits, of the last eight digits of your account number. For example:

If you account Number is: 99999999912345678
    Your Member No. is: 1234567

Remember these two things when adding you Kinecta account to Quicken.

1. Use Direct Connect (not Express Web Connect) as explained by Quicken_Tyka above.
    2. Use your member number, not you user name, or account number.
  • caraqaye
    caraqaye Member
    What is the Pin/Password? I tried using my member number and the password I used to log into the account via web, it gave me the "Incorrect Customer ID or Password/PIN" error. Kinecta Customer service rep was not helpful even after speaking to his supervisor.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @caraqaye,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in December of 2020, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Quicken > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.