In `Security Detail view`, the `News & Analysis`button does not work.

Options
In `Security Detail view`, the `News & Analysis` button does not work. Nothing happens when I click on it.

Many button changed and some disappeared in the last update and only this one is non functional now.

Version: Canadian R28.15
User since 1998.
Quicken - 2020 - Home and Business - Canadian - R28.15
Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @lucmajor,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I just tested this myself and got the same result. Therefore, I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue!
    (QWIN-16574)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @lucmajor,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I just tested this myself and got the same result. Therefore, I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue!
    (QWIN-16574)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    There used to be links on that page that never worked. The US version that those links took you to Yahoo Finance. Instead of fixing the link they were disabled or removed altogether.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878089/summary-of-bugs-in-canada-h-b-version-r25-24
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It should have never taken you to Yahoo.  A business can't just link to a website like  Yahoo without paying a fee.  The use version links to the "InvestingPortfolio" web pages:

There is a log into the same from Quicken.com

This is the same spot as for this:

And I checked the login is above is on the Canada (quicken.com) page too.  It takes you to the same place.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's odd, I do not have that section in preferences in CA.R28.15 obviously. But nor did I see it in the US version when I was trialling it back in June/July ( R27.24 I think it was). If that preference setting is attached to some kind of other subscription maybe it is turned off in the standard setup until you have that (linked investment account? setting up an investment portfolio in quicken.com)?

So without that subscription or preference settings/set up, those links in the securities detail dialog for the US version took me to the public yahoo finance page for that security, not the Quicken page you copied. Pity I did not keep a screen shot - so you'll just have to trust me  ;). ce' la vie.
This discussion has been closed.