Security detail view

It is possible to move from one security to another using the up and down arrows on the keyboard but the dropdown for the choice of a certain security does not seem to work. I believe it did in the past. Is anyone else experiencing this and has it been reported?

Best Answers

• Dennis Mahoney
    Dennis Mahoney Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sherlock: Thank you for the tip; it helped me determine the cause. I was able to turn the problem on or off based on my setting for the Control Panel/Display/Scale and Layout/size of text, apps and other items. At 100% there is no problem; at 125 or 150% the problem occurs. Note my computer is an X-1 labtop about 1 year old and having a 1920x1080 screen running Windows 10. Lenovo recommends a setting of 150% for readability. I use 125% but find 100% results in an overly small appearance. On a larger screen or different monitor it might not be an issue for me. IMO this is a program bug: this is a very mainstream computer with a common setting and developers should support it or clearly document the issue and provide their reasoning for not being compliant. Over the years I have had a lot of trouble with Q on different displays. I did not find it to work well with high res displays such as the 3840 x 2160 on the Yoga C940.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is working fine for me.  Have you tried closing Quicken and then opening the program, again?  When I get some program functionality issue (with just about any program) I find that closing and reopening the program will often fix it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Thank you for the good suggestion but it did not work. I do note that a horizontal black line appears when I click on the down triangle to open the look up list (see attachment). A typical next step is to uninstall and reinstall the program and I will try that.
  • Unfortunately reinstalling the program also did not work.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you uninstalled/reinstalled the program, did you reinstall a previously downloaded copy of the program or did you download a fresh copy of the program (from Quicken.com) and install that?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that ‘black line’ issue has been identified as related to a video setting. Large fonts or display size or some such consideration. 
  • Dennis Mahoney
    Dennis Mahoney Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sherlock: Thank you for the tip; it helped me determine the cause. I was able to turn the problem on or off based on my setting for the Control Panel/Display/Scale and Layout/size of text, apps and other items. At 100% there is no problem; at 125 or 150% the problem occurs. Note my computer is an X-1 labtop about 1 year old and having a 1920x1080 screen running Windows 10. Lenovo recommends a setting of 150% for readability. I use 125% but find 100% results in an overly small appearance. On a larger screen or different monitor it might not be an issue for me. IMO this is a program bug: this is a very mainstream computer with a common setting and developers should support it or clearly document the issue and provide their reasoning for not being compliant. Over the years I have had a lot of trouble with Q on different displays. I did not find it to work well with high res displays such as the 3840 x 2160 on the Yoga C940.
  • Boatnmaniac: When I reinstalled Quicken I used the latest version from the website.
    q_lurker: thanks for the lead. You are correct. It is due to the display setting. I don't think it's very good practice for a program's new versions to be more restrictive than the old but that is the situation. There are a number of annoyances in Q and IMO they would be better off to attack those before implementing new features. I have always installed new versions as they become available but it is perhaps better to stick with the old if it works for me; as they fix one thing they break another.