Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

RESOLVED - 0L-220-A Merrill Lynch - Quicken is unable to complete your request

David24
David24 Member ✭✭
Anyone else getting this error? It worked yesterday...

One Step Update
Quicken Windows 2020 R30.14
Build 27.1.30.14

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @David24,

This error relates to the financial institution's servers and it can sometimes be a temporary condition caused when the bank is doing maintenance, etc.

I suggest that you take a look at this guidance - LINK.  If this happened for the first time today, wait a day or two and then follow the information given in the last section of this document.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I am also receiving the OL-220 error when attempting add an account with Merrill Lynch using fake login credentials, when I should be receiving an invalid login error.

A review of the log files which detail the internal conversation between Quicken and the financial institution reveal the following error message:
    "Parse error. Current object: Null Object"

At this time we recommend contacting Merrill Lynch to report the error and provide a copy of your OFX Log which may be found in the Help menu > Log Files > OFXLog.txt.

This information will be helpful for them to investigate and resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, we recommend allowing up to 48 hrs before attempting to add/update accounts with Merrill Lynch again and we are moving this thread to the Current Online Banking Issue category.

To automatically receive updates and/or a resolution to this issue as one becomes available, please bookmark this post by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @David24,

This error relates to the financial institution's servers and it can sometimes be a temporary condition caused when the bank is doing maintenance, etc.

I suggest that you take a look at this guidance - LINK.  If this happened for the first time today, wait a day or two and then follow the information given in the last section of this document.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • David24
    David24 Member ✭✭
    @Frankx
    I tried again after a few hours and it is now working. Thanks for the link to info clarifying the different types of downloads and possible problems - helpful today and I'm sure in the future.
  • I started getting this error yesterday and still today. It worked Friday.
  • I started receiving this same message Friday, Saturday and now today. Is the resolution with ML Investments???
  • ck126609
    ck126609 Member
    I am having the same issue. Anyone have a solution?
  • Just checked - Update is still down . I had to do a manual download through Merrill to update brokerage transactions
  • ppassera
    ppassera Member
    I am having the same problem... Is this a Merril issue?
  • milkieed
    milkieed Member ✭✭
    @Frankx I read the article and spoke to Merrill support. They where less than helpful and guided me back to Quicken. It is Dec 6 12:18pm PST and this has been going on for 3 days. Any help would be appreciated.
  • tamashi
    tamashi Member ✭✭
    I too am having this issue since late Friday night (Dec 4)
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I tried Resetting the account connection and it popped up an empty dialog box!  That dialog box can't be closed (except by killing Quicken from Task Manager).  Moby Sigh...
  • milkieed
    milkieed Member ✭✭
    @rgumpertz the same thing happened to me when I tried to reset the account. I went as far as to delete the accounts and try to add them back but received the same error #
  • DJMc
    DJMc Member ✭✭
    I have been having the same problem (OL-220-A) for several days.
    Am working around it by doing a manual download from Merrill but would like it to work as it should.

Resetting the account connection got the same results as rgumpertz and deleting the accounts the same results as milkieed.

The Merrill support person didn't have the error code in her 'what to tell the customer to do' list and referred me back to Quicken. Tried again next day and was again referred to Quicken.

Will try quicken support again and share any positive news or ideas.
  • DJMc
    DJMc Member ✭✭
    No joy with another try with Merrill Support, but I've asked that this issue be escalated since they don't have instructions related to this error code.

Will try quicken tomorrow... but in the meantime... pondering whether this could have been triggered by update to R30.14 of quicken. Can't remember exactly when that update happened.
  • Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I am having same problem with OL-220-A error and Merrill Lynch. I successfully updated on Friday AM, 12/4/2020. On Saturday, 12/5/2020 the error first appeared. The error was present throughout the weekend and is still there this morning, 12/7/2020. I did call ML on Saturday morning and the associate opened a ticket. We'll see how long it takes to resolve. I suggest all who are experiencing the error to call ML and open a ticket.
  • Same error this morning. 12-7-2020 @ 7:41am et.
  • fnatale1
    fnatale1 Member ✭✭
    Whew... I thought I was going crazy. Evidently, misery loves company. Sounds like all are facing the same connection issue which began late last week. First issue for me started with One Step Update on 12/4. I was able to force the update by just going to one of my Merrill accounts and initiating a transaction update for Merrill only. This has since failed to work. Can't get anything now except the error code you all are getting.

I will reach out to Merrill today, but I do think that this issue might be associated with recent Quicken version update. Seems to be coincided. Is anyone from Quicken looking into this?
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list with the problem,
  • Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭
    I am having this problem, too! I spoke to Merrill support and they are sending up to supervisors...
  • Me too. Quicken Windows 2020 R30.14 It started right after this last update. I tried deactivating account on-line services , then reactivating. It came up with "Sorry we encountered an error (It's not your fault)" and gave option to try again or manually enter transactions.
  • plastable
    plastable Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. First noticed it 12/5, continued 12/6 and now 12/7. Called Merrill last night and again today. They don't let you talk to tech team, so it is just information passage back and forth. Today he tried to walk me through some sort of troubleshooting process which seemed to involve resetting the permissions on the Merrill website for Quicken connection, but we got disconnected before we could get through it, and I don't see any settings there; I hate to call back and wait another 30 minutes in the cue and get another service associate up to speed on the issue! I tried the account reset in Quicken as others above have, and got the same blank dialog box and Quicken lock-up. Had to do Cntl-Alt-Del out of the program, reboot, restart Quicken, data validate (fortunately OK). This happened twice. Then I tried just changing the password for Merrill in the Vault manager, by deleting it and then putting it back in, but that did nothing (of course, but it is what the Merrill guy wanted me to do). Overall, this is really irritating! If it is a Quicken problem, I'd be surprised; my E*TRADE accounts still update fine and they use Direct Connect also, like Merrill does. Yet Merrill won't admit they have a problem. The guy I talked to last night said they did a website update this weekend, but today they say the tech team says that could not have affected the backend processes involved in Quicken data transfers. Hmmmm. Anyway, they say Quicken needs to resolve this, not their problem. I don't believe it.

Suppose the guy gave me a legit hint, though. I vaguely recall when I first set the Merrill account up years ago, that there was some kind of permission I had to give online to allow Quicken to access my Merrill accounts. Suppose that they did some kind of database update and reset that flag at Merrill. Then all our account access would quit working, right? Until we reset that. Anyone recall how to do it?
  • jefflock
    jefflock Member ✭✭
    I am having same problem with OL-220-A error and Merrill Lynch today 12/7/2020. I successfully updated on Friday AM, 12/4/2020.
  • Same exact issue here and no luck with the ML tech support. I also recall having to check a box to give quicken access which I can't locate now. I have also been been doing the manual download however the download does not update some security prices like bonds and preferred. Does anyone know how to bring in the latest security values from the ML site using the manual download?

This all worked great when the direct connect feature was working.
  • JR1568
    JR1568 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. Last successful update from Merrill was on 12/4. Other institutions working fine. Why does Quicken freeze up (as described above) when I try to Rest Account in Online Services under Account Details. Seems like that might be a Quicken issue with the most recent update?
  • plastable
    plastable Member ✭✭
    > @JR1568 said:
    > Same issue here. Last successful update from Merrill was on 12/4. Other institutions working fine. Why does Quicken freeze up (as described above) when I try to Rest Account in Online Services under Account Details. Seems like that might be a Quicken issue with the most recent update?

Good question. That is clearly a Quicken issue. But I suspect the bigger issue is that Merrill Lynch is not communicating properly, and that is why we can't update (and why Quicken is hanging, although it should error trap for that). Since Direct Connect works fine on my E*TRADE accounts, but not on Merrill, and they both worked last week, I think Merrill did something on their end to break it.
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Purely due to coincidental timing (and Gibbs' Rule 39), I'm a little suspicious that it might be an issue in R30.14.
  • Marshalltx
    Marshalltx Member ✭✭
    I too am having the same problem with Merrill. On 12/4, accounts were getting updates with the exception of 2 new accounts that were recently added to my ML account. I didn't have time to deal with it on Friday and thought I would today. Unfortunately, I can't get any updates from Merrill and am getting OL-220-A error message.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

If you haven't already - I suggest that you take a look at this guidance - LINK.  

Assuming that you connect with ML via direct connect, which I assume all of you do, this is a matter that the financial institution needs to fix.  I don't suggest that you deactivate / reactivate your account as that will not correct this issue.

Frankx

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited December 2020
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

We have been receiving reports of Merrill Lynch getting OL-220-A errors when trying to connect.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here If the trouble persists, please contact Merrill Lynch directly for assistance.

Merrill Lynch uses Direct Connect-- this means that the information comes directly from the financial institution and Quicken does not have access to these servers to correct the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Having same problem as everyone here commented - 12/4 was last date of successful download from Merrill. Having to manually enter transactions. All other accounts okay.