Xray stock style box

I like the Xray part of Quicken. Now that I have the stock style of my investments, what do I use to compare them with? Is there a benchmark for the DOW that has their style box to compare with? It would be helpful but I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you look at the Sector section of the X-Ray, you will see that there is a "Bmark" column. You can choose between the S&P 500 and what M* thinks is your investment style.

I found that I had to eliminate one of my funds (Pimco Total Return bond fund) in order for M* to classify my portfolio as "Core"

If you want to see the Style breakdown for various indexes, you can go to the M* website and click on the name of the index on the home page. Select Portfolio then Weight to see a similar style box

You could also get a quote for an index fund or ETF that tracks the desired index. For the Dow Jones Industrial Average, you could pick the ETF DIA. 
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you look at the Sector section of the X-Ray, you will see that there is a "Bmark" column. You can choose between the S&P 500 and what M* thinks is your investment style.

I found that I had to eliminate one of my funds (Pimco Total Return bond fund) in order for M* to classify my portfolio as "Core"

If you want to see the Style breakdown for various indexes, you can go to the M* website and click on the name of the index on the home page. Select Portfolio then Weight to see a similar style box

You could also get a quote for an index fund or ETF that tracks the desired index. For the Dow Jones Industrial Average, you could pick the ETF DIA. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • eheller1
    eheller1 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jim. I went to the M site and found exactly what I was looking for.