Why Golden 1 Credit Union not updating Credit Card Transactions

Answers

• Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem here (with the new "FirstData" VISA provider for G1). I believe it has to do with the fact that the Golden 1/FirstData added a new VISA CC number & card for "secondary" users/spouses...the "old" CC number (primary member) and the new CC number both funnel into a "placeholder" VISA CC number that Quicken is downloading. My Quicken looks like it is downloading from that account # successfully, no errors, just NO transactions. The "placeholder" 3rd CC # doesn't receive any Quicken transactions apparently, so no downloaded transactions. My theory anyway. Not a fan of G1's new VISA provider "FirstData" based on their performance so far.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    This problem has persisted for 60 days already and has gone beyond an 'inconvenience' and morphed into a major pain in the rear end. It's an embarrassment and is tarnishing the reputation of Golden 1. Their staff simply repeats the mantra that their IT department is working with Quicken to resolve the issue. I would say more than 30 days proves that such a hoped for resolution is NOT likely to happen. Senior management at G1 needs to admit this wonderful new and better methodology with their Visa cards was a BLUNDER and revert to the old Visa provider immediately.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Golden1 probably isn't going to change their service with FirstData (one of the largest credit card processors in the world), but they need a fix for their Quicken-using customers. That may not be a huge number, and so this may not be a top priority for them, as it is for you and other Quicken users. The best I can suggest you do is continue to encourage other customers of your credit union to continue to flood them with messages that you want/need/expect them to get this resolved. The more pressure they get from their customers, the more likely it is to be deemed a high priority. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jik4good
    jik4good Member ✭✭
    I've noticed several "reversed" charges being downloaded during sync. Anybody else finding the same? Would love to flood their management team to fix this stupid and annoying issue.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    G1 Management is pretty much unresponsive. They have the CSR's repeatedly apologize for the inconvenience and state their IT team is working with Quicken to resolve... for over two months? Really? I am considering dropping a note to their CEO/President. Then things might get moving...
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    To Quicken Community Moderators (Jacobs) : Kindly contact me by email so that I might make an adjustment to my account (greyed out) here on the forum. Thanks. PS: No way to reach out to you via hyperlink in the community forums that I could see.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @R. Scott McDonald

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    RSM2000 said:
    To Quicken Community Moderators (Jacobs)...
    Just FYI, I'm not a moderator here. The moderators are Quicken employees, like Tyka who replied to you above, who run this site. Those of us labeled as "SuperUsers" here are regular, longtime Quicken users with big mouths who post a lot who try to help our fellow Quicken users by sharing our accumulated knowledge or insights. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • fshirkey
    fshirkey Member ✭✭
    Does anyone have contact information for the top executives at Golden 1 ?
    I would like to withdraw all of my money in Golden 1 just to show how seriously they should have taken this issue, but I would like someone to actually know why I am doing it.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Looks like something got fixed.....my GO Visa Account downloaded tonight.... and Reconciled with online balance!! Will see if it continues.... Anyone else see this?
  • jik4good
    jik4good Member ✭✭
    Yup. I noticed it as well. 🤞
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    Still not downloading for me. I haven't been able to download since the credit card change. Anyone else able to download?
  • mcscrooge
    mcscrooge Member ✭✭
    Still not working for me. I am very disappointed with Golden1's response to the issue. They assume no responsibility and disregard their customers need for resolution.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Well if it DID get resolved, we need to give a fake cheer, after only 60 days?? Really?? FirstData should have known this might be an issue - surmising that Golden 1 likely was NOT the first financial entity to use this complicated 'masking' of account numbers which is what threw the monkey wrench into Quicken downloads. No purpose in trying to 'punish' the credit union. They could care less if one or two members depart, that much is obvious from how they responded in the first place. And if I had one wish it would be for all CSR's to lose the expression "we apologize for the inconvenience", which to me is like waving a red flag at a bull. That expression is stunning in its total lack of sincerity or empathy. It's merely empty words, and reminds one of having a lengthy conversation with one's hand.
  • fshirkey
    fshirkey Member ✭✭
    still doesn't work. in my opinion ALL PARTIES (Golden1 , Quicken, FirstData?) have failed their customers.
  • Crazy Puli
    Crazy Puli Member ✭✭
    Don't know why, but my Visa account started downloading transactions again. Started around the beginning of December. Transactions from both cards on the joint account.
  • kstyrsky
    kstyrsky Member ✭✭
    I am having the identical problems as described by many users above. Created Help case subject CTP-1269 and uploaded logs. It's interesting that some people are reporting that it is now working for them. It doesn't for me. ALSO, I went to the Golden 1 Online account, Credit Card Center and manually downloaded a .qfx file. When opening the file, no transactions are received into Quicken.
  • kstyrsky
    kstyrsky Member ✭✭
    By the way, I also tried deactivating the account in Quicken, then reactivating with "ADD" new account. The new account adds into Quicken with the correct last statement balance from 12/10/2020, but no new transactions since that date even though there were a few.
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    I've tried deactivating & reactivating, reset the account multiple times. I even tried changing the download method from Direct Connect to Web Connect. Nothing seems to work. The account balance updates, but no transactions. So I'm entering in transactions manually :-(
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue - the BALANCE updates but the underlying TRANSACTIONS do not. It's maddening. Yes, I've tried the 'suggested fixes' listed in this thread by other users to no avail.
  • fshirkey
    fshirkey Member ✭✭
    At this point you shouldn't waste your time trying to fix the problem on your computer or following any instructions a Quicken CSR gives you to try to fix it. It is a problem on the quicken server for golden1, until they fix it there is nothing we can do. I do recall back in October talking to someone at Golden1 that some accounts do still work but they don't know why or how this is.
  • Crazy Puli
    Crazy Puli Member ✭✭
    I don't know if this has anything to do with it' but I notice that mine started working again around the time I upgraded my OS to Big Sur. Are the others who it is working for or not on Big Sur? For the record I am running Quicken v6.0.3 and mac OS v11.0.1.
  • jik4good
    jik4good Member ✭✭
    I've been following this on the Quicken Mac discussion but there were a couple of months starting back mid-October 2020 where Quicken stopped downloading credit card transactions. It seems to have been been fixed but any was wondering if anyone else experienced this issue for PC users. Thanks!
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Inconceivable that this problem has persisted for over 2 months...and will celebrate 90 days on 6 January. Very very poor and no apparent urgency on the part of G1 or FirstData or Quicken to resolve.
  • jik4good
    jik4good Member ✭✭
    Have any Quicken PC users experience issues with Golden 1 VISA credit card transactions not downloading since mid-October 2020?
  • echo343
    echo343 Member
    I'm on Quicken PC and I've been experiencing this issue for several months now as well. Called Quicken and Golden1 a month or so ago. Quicken tried to help but determined the problem was on Golden1's end. Golden1 just said they were working on it. But again, this was back in mid September 2020.
  • fshirkey
    fshirkey Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah Is there any progress on fixing this? Does Quicken have anyone helping to resolve this or do you just expect the bank and Credit Card Transaction processor to resolve this on their own?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

We are aware of the issues with Golden 1 and are actively working towards a solution. There is no ETA available at this time, I apologize.

As soon as more information becomes available, this post will be updated.

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • kstyrsky
    kstyrsky Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.
    >
    > We are aware of the issues with Golden 1 and are actively working towards a solution. There is no ETA available at this time, I apologize.
    >
    > As soon as more information becomes available, this post will be updated.
    >
    > Thank you for your patience throughout this issue.
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Thank you, Tyka, for updating this thread! While I'm sure we all are hoping for details on when this might be resolved, it's still reassuring to know that it's still in the works and not ignored. Much appreciated!
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    [removed - rant/disruptive/speculation]
This discussion has been closed.