Budget not balancing

Hello. I am working on my 2021 Budget. I am in the "edit" mode and the Total Income (the very top line on the sheet) does not add up to the sum of all the Income detail below. I've checked and double checked my numbers and am still $881 off. I am using Quicken Deluxe for Mac version 6.0.1 Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I can't see what you're seeing, but the most frequent cause of confusion with budget totals has to do with the way the budget handles main categories and sub-categories. This sounds like there might be a transaction which uses the main category and no subcategory. 

For instance, if the category was Entertainment, and you have the following three transactions:
        Entertainment:Arts              $100
        Entertainment:Amusement   $50
        Entertainment                       $20

The budget will show a total of $170 for Entertainment, followed by two sub-categories which paradoxically total $150.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Never mind. Whatever I did seemed to fix it. LOL
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I can't see what you're seeing, but the most frequent cause of confusion with budget totals has to do with the way the budget handles main categories and sub-categories. This sounds like there might be a transaction which uses the main category and no subcategory. 

For instance, if the category was Entertainment, and you have the following three transactions:
        Entertainment:Arts              $100
        Entertainment:Amusement   $50
        Entertainment                       $20

The budget will show a total of $170 for Entertainment, followed by two sub-categories which paradoxically total $150.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.