Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Duplicate Transaction and Modify

PAT
PAT Member ✭✭
I find my self using the Duplicate Transaction command on a right click very very often. However, I then need to modify it in some way; the date, the amount. This requires an addition double click on the transaction.

It would be convenient to have the option to "Duplicate Transaction and Modify" as one of the commands on a right click.

Thanks
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    In fact, I'd suggest that the existing Duplicate Transaction command be changed to create the duplicate transaction and open it for editing.

I can't think of an instance where a user would want to duplicate a transaction and not edit something about it. (But if that happened in some rare instances, it would require only pressing Return.)

I think this would be better than having two separate commands for "Duplicate Transaction" and "Duplicate Transaction and Modify".
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    In the mean time, you can hit Command-D, Return without taking your hands off the keyboard.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yup! And all I'm suggesting is to remove the need to press Return to enter edit mode, since 99%+ of duplicate transactions are immediately changed to another date and/or amount. A minor tweak, to be sure, but why not improve the usability? ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't disagree that it would be better if the newly duplicated transaction was immediately open for edit. You could always hit return if for some strange reason you wanted two identical transactions. I was just suggesting a method for use in the mean time that is much easier than two mouse actions.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s