How do I get split transactions to export as line items

I exported my checking register to Excel. When I tried to create a summary of each category, I found 11 of my 'net salary' transactions were missing. It appears that when you use a 'split', Quicken only exports a single line with one of the categories. How do I get a line item for each category in the split?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Roland G

You need to check a box to get the splits to print.

Open the register in Quicken > Go to > press CTRL + P > and click the box (se below)

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried to create an Itemized Categories report and export it?
    This should have the detail by category that you are looking for.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Roland G

You need to check a box to get the splits to print.

Open the register in Quicken > Go to > press CTRL + P > and click the box (se below)

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried to create an Itemized Categories report and export it?
    This should have the detail by category that you are looking for.
  • Roland G
    Roland G Member ✭✭
    Thanks folks, those both work but I think the CTRL-P option will require less work on the Excel side than an itemized Categories report. Many thanks to you both!