"New Match" Tag error for downloaded transactions

PHowland
PHowland Member ✭✭
For a couple of weeks, all new transactions downloaded using Express Web Connect have been tagged as "New Match" rather than the blue dot, even thought all are new and not manually entered transactions. Quicken Support had no answer.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @PHowland

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using. How do you handle downloaded transactions? Are they automatically added to the register?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • PHowland
    PHowland Member ✭✭
    Hi. Thanks for the response. I am using the new Quicken Subscription Service, Quicken Deluxe, Year 2020, Version R30.14, Build 27.1.30.14. I link with my accounts using Express Web Connect and have transactions downloaded and automatically added to the account register. The only account where I do NOT get the "New Match" but get the familiar blue dot is my investment account downloaded transactions, but that is through Direct Connect (my banks do not support Direct Connect). I will send you a screen shot of what I am getting in response to the email you sent me as it appears I cannot add screen shots to this post
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @PHowland

Thank you for the response and for taking the time to capture a screenshot.

To share your screenshots with the Community, please drag the images to the comment box. This will attach the images to the comment.

You may not respond to the Community post via email, I apologize. You will need to visit the Community directly to respond.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • PHowland
    PHowland Member ✭✭
    This is an image of what I am seeing when I download using Express Web Connect - none of these transactions have been previously entered into my account register
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @PHowland,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and providing additional details requested by @Quicken_Tyka, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, the first thing I suggest that you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below.
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. OK
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try to Super validate your file which is the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Keep in mind that this may not correct the symbols for the transactions that have already been downloaded and are currently already in your account register. However, if successful, it should correct upcoming downloaded transactions that will be brought in when performing your next One Step Update.

I hope this helps, and please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PHowland
    PHowland Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I already went through regular Validate File twice when online with Quicken Support, but I will try the Super Validate (never heard of that). The symbols do not persist because whenever I edit and save a downloaded transaction, the download symbol disappears (either the previous blue dot or the current but wrong "New Match" tag.
  • PHowland
    PHowland Member ✭✭
    I did the Super Validate as instructed and when I did my One Step Update this morning, I again got New Match tags on transactions that were not previously entered into the registers.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @PHowland

Thank you for the response and additional details, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • PHowland
    PHowland Member ✭✭
    Thank you, but my original attempt to notify Quicken of this glitch and look for a solution was through Quicken Support. They had no answer but were the ones who suggested I post the issue on the Quicken Community.
    So...I guess I will just live with it and perhaps someone else more important to Quicken will be able to have your IT people fix this issue with the most recent release.