Investment accounts

Options
sjemmett
sjemmett Member ✭✭
I have four retirement investment accounts: 2 are IRAs and two are brokerage. Is there any mechanism within Quicken Mac (subscription) wherein I can group all 4 together vice the system default which groups them into retirement and brokerage?

The account type should be a separate matter from the way I would wish to group the accounts.

TNX

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In a word: no. There is currently no way to create customized account groups in the sidebar, but the developers have indicated that they plan to offer some degree of customizability in the future.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In a word: no. There is currently no way to create customized account groups in the sidebar, but the developers have indicated that they plan to offer some degree of customizability in the future.
  • sjemmett
    sjemmett Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the info. It would be useful for this capability since the limited number of options provided by Quicken when creating new accounts don’t span the universe of what is possible vis-a-vis investment accounts types.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @sjemmett  I you take a look at this Idea thread, you can see that it is marked as "Planned" by the developers. That's the good news. ;) It also shows "Last updated April 2019," which reveals the bad news that planned features sometimes take a loooonnnng time until they are implemented and appear in the program. We can only wait, hope and wonder when this will appear, and what degree of flexibility/customizability will be implemented.
This discussion has been closed.