OneStep update error msg: need to reauthorize

I have reauthorized bank acct and have email from bank confirming that, but keep getting error msg on Q (subscription version on Windows) that I need to reauthorize.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Emily Lyn

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using as well as the name of the financial institution.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Emily Lyn
    Emily Lyn Member ✭✭
    I'm using Q Deluxe. Version installed is R30.14, Nov. 2020
    Financial institution is Capital One Credit Card.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Emily Lyn" ,

You need to log into Capital One Bank and authorize third-party access to your Quicken Data.

See this Article:  https://www.quicken.com/support/changes-your-capital-one-account-services-quicken

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Emily Lyn
    Emily Lyn Member ✭✭
    Have already done this. Have email from CapOne confirming.
  • Chris3
    Chris3 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I'm also having this issue, it's been going on for a month or two now, ever since I closed one of my Capital One accounts. I have a similar thread with some other people that have also been experiencing this, although no great solution (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882963/capital-one-asks-me-to-re-authorize-every-time-i-download). I would love to hear if there's a way to fix this because it has gotten to be EXTREMELY annoying to have to re-authorize my accounts every time I do a one-step update.

EDIT:
    So for what it's worth, I finally just fixed this for myself. Definitely not the ideal solution, but it works.

After reading something in another thread, I decided to make a copy of my data file, and in that file I created a new account not tied to any online services.

I then took all of the transactions from the recently closed Capital One account and moved them into that newly created account. This was the somewhat tedious part because part of my split paycheck went into that account, so I had to go to the primary account where the paycheck was deposited and update the account in the split to the newly created account (luckily this account was only around for a couple years so it wasn't terrible).

After making sure all of the transactions had been moved over, I fully deleted the old account. I tested doing OSU's a few times, exiting and restarting Quicken, and I no longer am getting the authorization message. I might have a couple of reports to redo, though frankly since that account is closed I don't really care about it.

Hope this helps someone!
  • shocking
    shocking Member
    I don't have Capital One but it's doing it for my banking transactions with another Bank. It seems that there are more issues with Quicken anymore than no issues and it goes along with the latest update.
This discussion has been closed.