Clear Transactions before reconciling

My downloaded transactions are all Cleared (C) so when I go to reconcile them, they are all checked. I want to manually reconcile but I certainly don't want to go to each transaction and remove the C. Is there a way to do that as a batch and to stop it from doing that going forward? Thanks

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @csmo,

Okay, so I guess you are wanting NOW to perform month by month reconciliations of prior periods because you believe there are issues and you want to isolate them.

To remove the "C" from all line items in a contiguous group of transactions:
    1) In the register - click on the first transaction so that it is highlighted;
    2) Hold down the "shift" key and Move down (or Page down) until you get to the last transaction > click on the last transaction (the entire list of transactions should be highlighted;
    3) While still holding down the "shift" key - click inside the "Clr" column (next to the amount of that last transaction) and a pop-up window will appear;
    4) Click the button next to "Uncleared" > in the pop-up box - click "Yes".
    5) Those steps should unclear the selected transactions. 

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @csmo

So I am having a hard time understanding the problem.

The "C" means that a transaction - that had been entered into the register by you - matched a transaction was "cleared" by the bank and thus recorded as such on the bank's statement of account.  Why would you want to remove the "C" during the reconciliation process?  Have you some reason to believe that those transactions didn't clear the bank's systems?  If you found a way to remove them as a batch, what would that accomplish?  

I am just trying to understand the problem.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• csmo
    csmo Member
    Hi Frank, thanks for your response. I am reconciling from earlier in 2020 and the balance is way off. I was thinking it was because of all the transactions with a C on them. I haven't cleared them in MY reconciliation process.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    One thing you have to keep in mind if you are reconciling past transactions is that Quicken will include any transactions marked reconciled, even if they are past the statement date that you put in.  So it isn't possible to reconcile "past months" without first setting the "current months" to cleared or uncleared.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Even though Quicken will include the reconciled transactions past the statement date in the balance, you won't see them in the reconcile window because it only shows cleared and uncleared transactions.

I have tried a few times to have them change this behavior of including the reconciled transactions that are after the statement date entered, but that suggestion has never been acted on.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @csmo,

Okay, so I guess you are wanting NOW to perform month by month reconciliations of prior periods because you believe there are issues and you want to isolate them.

To remove the "C" from all line items in a contiguous group of transactions:
    1) In the register - click on the first transaction so that it is highlighted;
    2) Hold down the "shift" key and Move down (or Page down) until you get to the last transaction > click on the last transaction (the entire list of transactions should be highlighted;
    3) While still holding down the "shift" key - click inside the "Clr" column (next to the amount of that last transaction) and a pop-up window will appear;
    4) Click the button next to "Uncleared" > in the pop-up box - click "Yes".
    5) Those steps should unclear the selected transactions. 

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• csmo
    csmo Member
    Yes! That's exactly what I need. Thank you!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @csmo

No problem.  Happy reconciling!!!

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.