Assiniboine Credit Union (MB) reconciliation issue after downloading transactions

Options
Hi,

So my credit union updated their banking software and it's been such a mess. Initially it would not download to Quicken even though it had the option to. I was told by a rep at the credit union that ACU was working with Quicken to fix this issue. It appears the ability to download transactions works again. But the "Online balance" showing in Quicken that is associated with the bank account is not working properly and is not giving me the correct amount, so I cannot get the account to reconcile.

I thought about doing a manual reconciliation but the software seems to warn against doing that after you've used the function that reconciles to the online balance. So I have not done that at this time and am just waiting/hoping there will be a fix.

Thanks.
Erica

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @eminarik,

You should be okay switching to manual reconciliation and even switching back to "online balance" once the credit union fixes the online balance issue.  I don't know why there is that warning message, but my experience has shown no problems with switching.  Of course with anything like this, I would suggest that you save a backup before you make the change (including another backup before you switch back) "just in case".  :)

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @eminarik,

You should be okay switching to manual reconciliation and even switching back to "online balance" once the credit union fixes the online balance issue.  I don't know why there is that warning message, but my experience has shown no problems with switching.  Of course with anything like this, I would suggest that you save a backup before you make the change (including another backup before you switch back) "just in case".  :)

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.