Home Current Online Banking Issues
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Invesco Account Issues

2»

Answers

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Sounds like it's an Invesco issue, not a Quicken issue. The fix will need to come from Invesco.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • GIWaltGIWalt Member ✭✭
    Not sure that's right. If you look at the Invesco page in Quicken (where you first enter Invesco name to add an account) the website is wrong. I am not sure this is the issue but Invesco originally told me this was a Quicken issue and I think Quicken needs to fix the links to the Invesco account pages. I may be wrong but I think Quicken needs to be involved here too.
    @GIWalt  You may be right about that. I was responding based on the response above from another user who reported that Invesco said: "The issue with Quicken users and our new website is now a known issue and is something we are currently working on to resolve. We will update your once this issue has been fixed. We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. "

I'd also note that if Invesco changed the correct website address for downloads (which may or may not be different from he address you use to log in as a customer), it's on them to notify Quicken -- actually, Intuit, who handles connectivity services. Having Quicken escalate the issue with Intuit, who may be able to reach out to Invesco, could help resolve an issue like this, but it sounds from that comment like Invesco is already working on it.
  • GIWaltGIWalt Member ✭✭
    Well, both Quicken and Invesco know about the issue which started when Invesco changed their website. From the string above, it seems like neither is really taking ownership of this issue but I hope I am wrong. Invesco should be one Quicken gives high priority too I would like to think...
  • Philip107Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    My guess is, that unless someone has a support ticket open with Quicken they might not even be working on it. Just because we discuss it here doesn't automatically put Quicken in the loop. For me, contacting Quicken Support is a last resort as they always suspect the User or the user's PC and have you do needless restarts, rebuilds, reinstalls and start new datafiles before they come to the conclusion that it's on their end. My Invesco account is pretty much inactive except for monthly interest payments so I'm happy just to track it manually. I think it was Invesco that broke the connection with their new website and probably will be the ones to fix this issue.
    Quicken User since 1998
  • GIWaltGIWalt Member ✭✭
    I submitted a ticket to Quicken last week.
  • solostormsolostorm Member ✭✭✭
    Any news on this?
    Haven’t heard a thing. I have downloads unchecked for Invesco in One Step Update so I have no idea whether it’s working. 
    Quicken User since 1998
  • It's time to get this issue fixed.
  • Coming up on a month! Not fixed.
  • bobonobobono Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    @Quicken Hugh - can we get a followup on this?
    I just received this from Invesco today, 12-4-2020.

The issue has not yet been resolved, and we are unable to provide an estimate as to how long resolution will take. We apologize for the error and any concern or inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Quicken User since 1998
  • GIWaltGIWalt Member ✭✭
    I’m still think some or all of this rests on Quicken to fix. Invesco changed its website link last month. Quicken needs to update its link as a result (I think). If you try to add Invesco as a new account the listed link isn’t even to Invesco. Seems like Invesco and Quicken need to literally speak and sort this out. Shouldn’t take this long. Would feel better if Quicken at least gave an update here. The silence doesn’t foster much confidence if and when this will be addressed. (To those reading I have filed report with Quicken directly on this but only crickets.)
    GIWalt said:
    Seems like Invesco and Quicken need to literally speak and sort this out. Shouldn’t take this long.
    On the first statement, yes. And: there's no reason to believe this hasn't happened.

On the second, well, we have no basis for knowing what's involved technically, nor how high a priority this is for whoever need to make programming changes. (Just because it's a high priority for Quicken users doesn't mean it's necessarily a high priority for Invesco.) 

Other than acknowledging awareness of the problem, it's unlikely either Invesco or Quicken will provide a timeframe (because except in the cases of the most simple fix, there are inevitably unexpected things that can alter the timetable).

Quicken doesn't respond to bug reports. It doesn't mean they aren't working on a problem; it means they don't have what would likely need to be a significant team of people to respond to the thousands of bug reports they get from users (many of which aren't actual bugs, or aren't able to be verified as bugs, and some of which are bugs but not yet being worked on, and some of which are bugs which are in some stage of being addressed).
  • augiboyaugiboy Member
    same problem here. hard to be impressed with quicken's response to this issue. 4 weeks and this problem still isn't fixed.
  • bobonobobono Member ✭✭
    I've started sending problem reports (under "Help") every day that I get an error, hoping they'll get as tired of my reports as I am with this problem. Perhaps if everyone with this problem does the same, someone will escalate the priority of the fix.
  • augiboyaugiboy Member
    thanks for that idea bobono. i also sent one in today.
  • I've been having this problem for over a month now and I like the idea of badgering Invesco until something is done. I suspect Invesco is not paying Intuit for the direct connect fees it has to pay to and they just don't want to say as such. I had a bank that started charging me $6/mo for using Quicken's Direct Connect. I transferred out of that bank. Invesco needs to be honest about this so we can make a decision to stay with them. Technologically it could be fixed in an hour or less. The record layout is easy to find and secure. Attaching to the server is a matter of licensing.
    I noticed today that Quicken has not posted the Invesco problem to their Alerts and Known Product Issues community board. I would think it should be and that maybe Quicken has not fully embraced this Invesco issue.

Here's the description for this board:
    If there's an ongoing issue with Quicken, such as a product issue or an online banking problem, we'll post an alert here.

See here :  https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts
    Quicken User since 1998
    @Philip107  They seem to only post there for what they consider "major" financial institutions. (I don't know what the criteria is for determining which problems to post there, but it definitely doesn't include some issues we've seen reported here with some smaller credit unions and financial institutions.) I'd also note that posts on this site are done by the Quicken moderators of this site, who are not the technical team that handles connectivity issues, so lack of a post here doesn't necessarily indicate no one at Quicken is aware of or working on an issue.
    ok, probably so. As an example, on Sunday the downloads from Chase Bank quit affecting many users. It's still broke and Quicken Sarah has a topic posted on the Alert board all ready. Just saying...
    Quicken User since 1998
  • augiboyaugiboy Member
    i think we all agree this problem has gone on too long. when does anyone from quicken usually respond to this board?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

We have received notice from our Service Providers that they are aware of this issue and working with the financial institution to resolve it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, this post is being moved to the "Current Online Banking Issues" category and will be updated as updates and/or a resolution to this issue is received.

If you would like to automatically receive notice of updates be sure to "bookmark" this thread by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah

ISS-8172171