Quicken for Mac v6.0 Released

Options
124»

Comments

• Just Lurking
    Just Lurking Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    deholz said:
    Thank you! Thank you for addressing the MFA error on d/ling transactions! While I understand it's a difficult issue to directly process two factor auth within Q4M, you've made it much less painful. Thanks for removing at least a couple steps - the new process is much less cumbersome - while still providing the security of MFA at my institution (NFCU).
    Hi there - any chance you could expand on what has changed/improved for you?

I haven't noticed any changes and for me the MFA process with Quicken is extremely painful (multiple accounts each with multiple phone numbers). For every sync I have to wait for the account to be queried, select the correct phone number, wait for the code by text, paste it in, wait for the account to sync and the next account to be queried, select the phone number, paste the code in, and so on...

As a result I tend to avoid using Quicken as much I should, just because syncing is so painful. I could also envision some fairly straightforward ways to make it much less painful for me, e.g.
    1. Let me set the default phone number. It's the right one 99+% of the time as the other(s) are just for backup.
    2. Let me continue using the app while the querying process happens unobtrusively in the background.
    3. Wait until all the MFA codes have been requested, then present me with a screen that contains a field for all of the security codes and let me paste them all in at once (instead of one at a time).

I wonder if there's already a feature request for something along these lines? I did a quick search but did not see one.
  • Joe Ciccio
    Joe Ciccio Member ✭✭
    Options
    todays error message
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Joe Ciccio There's an existing thread about this error which you might want to follow. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BruceLeon
    BruceLeon Member ✭✭
    Options
    This seems to be a bug in Quicken Mac 6.0.3:
    The Transactions Inspector pop-up comes up blank, as does the Transaction Info (when you select Get Info...). They always worked before, and I use them, so please bring them back!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    They are working fine for me. I do notice that if I don't have a transaction actively selected (ie, dark blue) they do come up blank. This happens, for example, if a transaction is selected in a register but then you click on the register name in the sidebar (which turns the selected transaction from dark blue to gray). Could this be what you're seeing?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • sjweiswasser
    sjweiswasser Member ✭✭
    Options
    @John_M I may be misunderstanding but regarding the missing clock icon in some of your registers, have you gone into the settings (gear icon), clicked on the option for Customize Action Bar at the bottom, and then chosen "Reminders to Show in Register"? That does it for me.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @sjweiswasser I'm confused by your post. This thread is more than a year old, and relates to the release of Quicken Mac 6.0, which is five versions ago. Also, your description of "Customize Action Bar" seems to indicate you are talking about Quicken Windows, and this thread is all about Quicken Mac.
  • sjweiswasser
    sjweiswasser Member ✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs I was unable to comment on the page that @John_M posted the original question.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @sjweiswasser You did reply in the same thread, even though it's a page or two further down the thread. What I was saying is that this entire thread, and the post you were apparently replying to, is 15 months old; we're five versions later than the release this thread is about, so I wasn't sure why you were adding to this old topic. (And I'm still not sure you're talking about Quicken Mac, since I'm not aware of any "Customize Action Bar" setting.)
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My comment from November 2020 still applies, although I don't view the issue as much of a problem. There is no clock icon for loans in the upper right corner of the screen. Instead there is a gear icon that does not allow the display of future scheduled transactions. Note also that loan accounts are the only registers that do not have "action icons" at the bottom. I'm assuming this is by design rather than an oversight.