Can I upgrade from Quicken Windows-Deluxe to a higher version midway thru my subscription? How?

Options
I am using the Quicken Windows Deluxe subscription. I wish to upgrade to the Premier subscription during my current subscription. How does that work? Do I get credit for unused portion of Deluxe subscription or apply it to the upgrade? Please advise.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    In Quicken, do HELP, My Quicken Account.  You can upgrade from there for the difference in the price of the 2 products,  prorated for how much time is left on your current subscription.
    There's no file conversion needed as all Q versions, within Subscription, are file interchangeable ... with the caveat that if one DOWNgrades, the data isn't lost, but MIGHT no longer be accessible (such as downgrading to "Starter" which supports many fewer account types than the higher level products)

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @wforbush The fastest, easiest way to accomplish your goal is to simply contact support. They'll get it sorted out with you.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    In Quicken, do HELP, My Quicken Account.  You can upgrade from there for the difference in the price of the 2 products,  prorated for how much time is left on your current subscription.
    There's no file conversion needed as all Q versions, within Subscription, are file interchangeable ... with the caveat that if one DOWNgrades, the data isn't lost, but MIGHT no longer be accessible (such as downgrading to "Starter" which supports many fewer account types than the higher level products)

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do you want to upgrade from Deluxe to Premier -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• wforbush
    wforbush Member
    Options
    I think I want to have better stock/investment tools offered in Premier.
This discussion has been closed.