Can I run the Quicken desktop app on two different PCs?

jonkern
jonkern Member ✭✭
New again to Quicken after "bombing out" in 2006 and 2012. It's time to try again. Any suggestions on how to make this time successful?

My 1st newbie question:
Can I run the Quicken desktop app on two different PCs and keep them in sync? I'd like to run the app on both my desktop and laptop, which I use about equally.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Not simultaneously.  You will have to copy your data file from one computer back to the other and back again keeping track of which computer the active data file is on.  The other option is to keep the data file on the desktop but use remote desktop to connect the laptop to the desktop.

Answers

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Not simultaneously.  You will have to copy your data file from one computer back to the other and back again keeping track of which computer the active data file is on.  The other option is to keep the data file on the desktop but use remote desktop to connect the laptop to the desktop.
  • jonkern
    jonkern Member ✭✭
    Thanks Snowman. I'll try to carefully share the data file between the two installations.
  • adnim
    adnim Member ✭✭
    I run Quicken from 3 different computers at different times of course, and store the file in the cloud. I download to the laptop/desktop wherever I am. I have installed the software on all the hardware which is allowed with the Subscription deal.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have been using OneDrive (Dropbox previously) and run Quicken on 2 computers (not at the same time). I have never had any issues. I just pause syncing while running Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.