Should I get acknowledgement of bug submissions

jobworker
jobworker Mac Beta Beta
I submitted an issue I believed was a bug in the budget system.  I submitted it with screen shots and I believe a reasonable explanation of why I though this was a bug.
I have not heard or received an acknowledgement that this has been received, is in a queue, being reviewed or "tossed out".
Should I not have received some acknowledgment ?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There isn't any kind of acknowledgement for problems submitted through the help menu.  They say they go directly to the development group, but that is about it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There isn't any kind of acknowledgement for problems submitted through the help menu.  They say they go directly to the development group, but that is about it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks.  That clears that up.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If the comments/notes/file/screenshots you submit allow them to reproduce the issue, and if they determine it's not working as intended (which is different than not working optimally or the way users might wish it worked), then they create it as a bug in their system. And then… it might be fixed in a week, a month, or years -- there's no way to know. ;)

Lots of people submit bug reports that don't turn out to be bugs. (Even on this forum, there are lots of posts screaming "Bug!" which turn out not to be bugs.) Many people submit bug reports without enough information to reproduce the problem; in some cases because it's specific to their data. It's frustrating that they don't provide a mechanism to know what happened with a bug report. But I can also understand that writing back to every user who submits something -- and then engaging in back-and-forth dialog -- would take a team of people dedicated to that task, and they don't find that a viable use of staffing and money. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    I understand all that you said.  I was in the software development business for many years so am familiar with what a user perceives as a bug that really is not.  On the other hand a user has been known to use the [program] in a manner not anticipated by the developer.  Hence, I feel it should always be brought to the attention of the developer, which is what I did.
    So we are on the same page, it is just a pity there is no mention of whether it is closed, in the queue or being worked on as it used to be in the old system.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, just commenting and I do appreciate your work.

This discussion has been closed.