Is there a way to reconcile an account again?

angelaga
angelaga Member ✭✭
I made an error the first time and want to start over, but don't see where I can do that.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You can select a group or all transactions and un-clear them just by clicking on the green checkmark in the CLR column. Then you can reconcile again. 

At this time, Quicken Mac doesn't maintain each discrete reconciliation and give you a way to go back to a specific one to re-reconcile it. They appear to be working on implementing such a system: word trickled out that they started storing reconciliations earlier this year, but they haven't yet released functionality to allow you to revisit them. Lots of people are hoping we'll see that in the coming months.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caution is advised if/when manually unreconciling transactions as this can throw off reconciliation. Unless you know specifically which ones they are, the favoured method, though possibly far from ideal, is to go back to a backup and start over. If you do perform a manual unreconciliation, be sure to have good backups just in case.

Meanwhile, you can add your VOTE to Track/store Prior Reconciled Statements/periods.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner (it may take a moment for your vote to register).
    (If the triangle is black, your vote has already been counted.)

Your VOTES matter!

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• angelaga
    angelaga Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jacobs & smayer97 for taking the trouble to respond. I don't see any CLR column with green checkmarks. Perhaps I'm using a different version. As for starting again with a backup, I think that, for this month, I'll be content that my entries in Quicken match the statement. But I'll keep that in mind should it happen again.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @angelaga  What version of Quicken Mac are you running? If it's anything from the past 6 years (the "modern" Quicken Mac), then you can click the Columns icon on the right side of the menu bar at the bottom of your registers; then check "Clr" to make that column visible in your register. Being able to visually see which transactions are marked as cleared (blue checkmark) and then reconciled (green checkmark) can help you spot problems/errors and resolve them.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • angelaga
    angelaga Member ✭✭
    Thanks once again Jacobs. That worked, and I learned something! I appreciate that you followed up with more information.
This discussion has been closed.