Improved statistics and metrics around One Step Update activity and performance

Brian Biggs
Brian Biggs Member ✭✭✭✭
While One Step Update is running, and after it completes in the Summary window, Quicken should provide some better metrics around performance of One Step Update. How long does each institution's download take, what step is it on, when did it start and end, history of online update for each bank, and other useful stats. Doesn't have to be shown by default, but should be easily available from the summary screen.
Quicken Deluxe 2020, Version R31.12, Build 27.1.31.12
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.789)
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Brian Biggs
    Brian Biggs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I'll add that this might help troubleshoot general performance issues with One Step Update.
    I have 15-20 accounts I am updating from every day -- checking and savings, credit cards, brokers, PayPal, Venmo, etc. Usually it takes 2-3 minutes, but sometimes it will take 5-10 minutes to complete the One Step Update.
    This seems excessive. But I have no insight into where the time is being spent. Is it one institution that is slowing things down? All of them? Did it transmit to the bank OK, but now it's waiting for a reply?
    An improved One Step Update screen showing more details about what's going on would be extremely helpful.
    Quicken Deluxe 2020, Version R31.12, Build 27.1.31.12
    Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.789)