Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Guesstimate is ONLY value showing in Cost Basis

I am new to Quicken. I set up my brokerage account and I cannot seem to get the Cost Basis correct. I own 600 shares of a stock, 300 purchased 2 years ago, 300 purchased last year. The 300 I purchased last year download and are shown but the other 300 are not. So I clicked on Add under the Cost Basis column, entered the amount paid for those shares. Now that amount is the only thing that shows as the total for Cost Basis for the stock - it is not adding in the 300 I purchased last year that Quicken downloaded from the brokerage account.

This would be a lot easier to show in a screen shot but apparently the community board doesn't support uploading screen shot snippets.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @marcgrove

Thank you for the screenshot and additional details, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would consider removing the transaction created using the Guestimate option and entering the transaction as it occurred. This will give you more accurate information than the guestimate.

If these stocks were bought, I would create a new transaction and choose "Buy" for the type and fill out the transaction accordingly.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the issue.

@noload

Thank you for the question, although it sounds as though the issue differs from that of @marcgrove.

Can you please capture a screenshot of the transactions as well as the portfolio view so that I may help locate the discrepancy?

If you need help capturing a screenshot, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here. 

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @marcgrove

You should be able to drag and drop a pdf file into the post comment box.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 9.59.46 AM
  • Thanks Frank!
  • noload
    noload Member ✭✭
    I have related issues. In my securities register transaction view, stock investment "buy" amounts are correct but the corresponding lots cost basis in portfolio view are not the same. the portfolio lots show an incorrect share price. Any replies please bear in mind this is Q 6.03 Mac.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @marcgrove

Thank you for the screenshot and additional details, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would consider removing the transaction created using the Guestimate option and entering the transaction as it occurred. This will give you more accurate information than the guestimate.

If these stocks were bought, I would create a new transaction and choose "Buy" for the type and fill out the transaction accordingly.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the issue.

@noload

Thank you for the question, although it sounds as though the issue differs from that of @marcgrove.

Can you please capture a screenshot of the transactions as well as the portfolio view so that I may help locate the discrepancy?

If you need help capturing a screenshot, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here. 

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~