my credit union changed my checking account number. Now nothing downloads.

pgzark
pgzark Member
I dont know how to update my account number. when i go to Accounts>updated selected accounts. I cannot even get my account number to show, let alone update it.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @ajessen

Thanks for the info. If that's the case then that should mean that we're able to activate the account again by adding it. To do so in the top right of the program you should see a + right next to the refresh button. Click on that and add the account as if it were a new one. Once you've put in credentials for your bank on the screen after it should list your accounts. From there you'll want to find any accounts and instead of adding as new link them to the corresponding account in Quicken.

Once you've done this It should be back up and when you look into the details of the account it should be updated with the correct information. Once you have a chance to try this out let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @pgzark

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I wonder here if we may just need to deactivate/reactivate the account from the sounds of it. I believe it likely just doesn't know the account has changed so that should ideally get us back up and running. I'll leave instructions down below.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Once you've done this see if we're able to get your account back up and downloading transactions. If not let us know and we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• sovinski
    sovinski Member
    I can not deactivate my account, what should i do now
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited December 2020
    @sovinski

Thanks for the update. Is it not showing the deactivate button or are the accounts already deactivated? Or is there an error you're getting when deactivating? We'll need a couple more details on what exactly is going on. Once we have them we'll see what we can do to correct the issue. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • ajessen
    ajessen Member
    Deactivate button is grayed what do I do now
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @ajessen

Thanks for the info. If that's the case then that should mean that we're able to activate the account again by adding it. To do so in the top right of the program you should see a + right next to the refresh button. Click on that and add the account as if it were a new one. Once you've put in credentials for your bank on the screen after it should list your accounts. From there you'll want to find any accounts and instead of adding as new link them to the corresponding account in Quicken.

Once you've done this It should be back up and when you look into the details of the account it should be updated with the correct information. Once you have a chance to try this out let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.