Address Book Does Not Edit Correctly

Options
arthurdent
arthurdent Member ✭✭
The Address Book is a joke. It is painfully cumbersome and does not edit properly. I had to print over 40 checks and had to input the address of the payees manually because I discovered the address book did not update properly with the correct addresses AFTER having tried to edit and update the addresses. Also, sometimes, not always, an edited address will appear as a duplicate with the new information incomplete or scrambled.

The new, revised edited addresses do not show up in the check printer function. Revising an address in the check printer function does not change the address in the address book.

Again, this is another old problem that has not been "addressed" adequately after many upgrades.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @arthurdent

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I first ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • arthurdent
    arthurdent Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me on this.
    Version = Home & Business 2020 R30.14
    No errors found after running file validation per your instructions.
    There is a check box at the bottom of the file validation menu to reset printer settings. There is no explanation of what that would do. Your thoughts?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello @arthurdent

Thank you for the additional details, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

I would next recommend super validating the file, to see if this process corrects the issue.

To run this utility, open Quicken and go to the File menu > File Operations...

Hold down Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard, and click on " Super Validate & Repair, while holding the keys down

The Validate & Repair window will open and mark the top box that should say "Supervalidate file" then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

If the trouble persists after completing this step, I would next contact support for advanced troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.