What did I do that every memo has defaulted to N/A?

I've used Quicken for 20+ years. Yesterday I may have hit a rule key that have EVERY memo field this month to say N/A. What do I need to change so it will accept other words?

Answers

• kcmlai
    kcmlai Member ✭✭
    Correction - over 150 entries are now N/A in the memo field overriding whatever was there. HELP!!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @kcmlai

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if we might be happening. Let's start off here by trying to copy the file and validating it to see what we're able to find out. It'll be a good place to start so we're able to find out exactly what's happening.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

You'll see the instructions on how to do so on the fourth step. Once you've had a chance to do this let us know how it goes and any changes within the memos.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• kcmlai
    kcmlai Member ✭✭
    I am trying to just retype the memo field, and it wont accept data until I use the find and replace feature. What happened to Edit??
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @kcmlai

Thanks for the update. Did you try what I recommended previously to start with? That is odd you can change them with the find and replace but not editing it. I'm wondering if we might need to clear up some payees for it to let us enter newer memos. While payees are a different part they still house the memos as well so it'd be a good place to try. 

To look at payees/memos go across the top to tools > Memorized payee list. You can clear up some of the payees/memos by either deleting them or merging them together. Once you've done a couple could you try checking if you're able to edit the memos again.

Once you get the chance let us know how it goes. If you've found out anything else as well let us know what we're able to find.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • kcmlai
    kcmlai Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Just tried to enter Home Depot, Household, and solar salt $33.59. Household and $33.59 stayed, Home Depot (payee) and solar salt (Memo) both changed instantly to N/A. Not imported.
    I already deleted all my memorized transactions, and all my renaming rules. I am unable to delete the rule that says "DO NOT RENAME IF PAYEE CONTAINS - N/A" . How do I do that?
    [Removed - Argumentative/Disruptive]
  • kcmlai
    kcmlai Member ✭✭
    Seems you have had such N/A issues back to 2018.