Why do I have to enter a transaction every time I open the mobile app?

ClaudeV
ClaudeV Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
The mobile app keeps saying 'loading' but nothing happens unless you enter a real or dummy transaction.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @ClaudeV

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is kind of odd. Does it let you use the circle to update it? I'm wondering if it might need to be reset for it to download properly download when you open the app. I'll leave a link down below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app

It'll be under the I'm having trouble syncing with the mobile app. You'll just want to choose the option for the type of computer you have. 

Once you get the chance let us know if that helped. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• ClaudeV
    ClaudeV Member ✭✭
    Hello Francisco,

Thank you for your quick response. I have reset the cloud data several times and the problem doesn't go away. When I add a transaction, any transaction, the mobile app works properly. It's just annoying to have to go through that additional step.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @ClaudeV

Thanks for the update. Thanks for also trying the recommended step. It's a really odd issue. I don't think I've seen it before. I'm wondering here if potentially clearing the phones cache if it might help. Could you let me know what phone you're currently using and we'll find steps so that we're able to try to see if that might help. Once you have a chance let me know and I'll provide those steps.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • ClaudeV
    ClaudeV Member ✭✭
    Francisco,

I am using a iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 14.2) and a iPad mini 4 (iOS 14.2) and both devices show the same behaviour.

Thanks
  • Quicken Francisco
    @ClaudeV

Thanks for the info. I apologize for my late response as well. I'll link a video down below on how to do that soft reset. Once you'e tired this sign out of the app as well and back in. See if you're having the same issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZBz2sVuD74

Another thing is could you try on the web app to see if you're having the same issue as well? You can do so by going to Quicken.com and in the top right you'll see sign in. Hover over it an then you should seen the Quicken option on the web. Try signing in and seeing if you also have to enter a transaction prior to updating. 

Let us know how it goes and what you're able to find! 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • ClaudeV
    ClaudeV Member ✭✭
    The soft reset did not change the behavior of the app. It was still saying 'updating' after 15 minutes.

The problem does not exist on the web application.

Thanks,
    Claude
  • Quicken Francisco
    @ClaudeV

Thank you for the update and letting us know how it went. With everything we've tried and you experiencing this on multiple devices it looks to be a bug. In this case what we're going to want to do is email mobilefeedback@quicken.com to report the issue. You'll want to make sure that you include both your device and the IOS number like you've previously provided. Any other information about when the issue began as well. You can also reference this thread if asked for any troubleshooting we've tried as well. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco 
This discussion has been closed.