Quicken mobile accepted column

Dia
Dia Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
Can someone please explain the check marks in the mobile app's register's accepted column? What turns the gray check marks to green? How does the color of the check marks affect syncing with the desktop version of Quicken? Should I manually turn gray ones to green before I sync to desktop? I couldn't find anything about this column in Help. Thank you. :)

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What version of of Quicken are you using on your Desktop?

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dia
    Dia Member ✭✭
    Hi, Chris. I use Windows 10 for both the mobile version and the desktop version. My desktop version is Quicken Home and Business. I see the “accepted” check marks only when using the mobile version on my Win 10 laptop. Thanks for your help.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    These indicators make more sense for "review" process instead of the "select and accept" process for verifying transactions.

Quicken Mac, Quicken Mobile, Quicken Web, and Quicken Windows with automatic transaction entry mode on all use the "review" process, and only Quicken Windows with automatic transaction entry mode off uses the "select and accept process (the Downloaded Transactions tab).

With the review process as you verify that a transaction is right you mark it "reviewed".  In Quicken Mobile/Web that means selecting that check mark and changes to green.  There is a similar process on the Quicken Desktop using the "status" column.  There new transactions show up with either New or New Match and once reviewed the status is blank (which is the same as the green check mark in Quicken Mobile/Web).

Three example transactions on Quicken Web.

Redemption is new, and hasn't been reviewed (but has cleared the bank (C indicator).
    Test Payee is a manually entered transaction, it is considered reviewed because I entered it.
    Software I marked reviewed in Quicken Desktop and synced to the cloud.

Here is how that looks on Quicken Desktop with automatic transaction entry mode on:

The affect is quite a bit different if you have automatic transaction entry mode off.
    Quicken Web, different account:

In Quicken Desktop with automatic transaction entry mode off.

See that the "non reviewed Jo-ann Stores" is in the Downloaded Transactions tab (not accepted is equal to not reviewed).  The rest have been accepted into the register and and as such their status is blank/reviewed.

And here is funny quirk to this.  I'm going to go to Quicken Web select the checkmark for the McDonald's one that now toggles to "not reviewed", and sync.

The result is it put the transaction back into the Downloaded Transactions tab!
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dia
    Dia Member ✭✭
    Wow! That is an amazingly clear explanation. Thank you so much! 🎉
This discussion has been closed.