Matched paycheck transactions disappearing on transaction download

I have experienced this problem twice now. Quicken for Mac (latest update) is deleting downloaded transactions (in this case deposits) that were manually matched to other transactions. For example, after doing a transaction update both paycheck deposits disappeared. This is the second or third time matched transactions have spontaneously disappeared after a subsequent transaction update.

The account in question is a checking account with Desert Financial Credit Union (Arizona).

Answers

• raka1212
    raka1212 Member
    Similar experience here too. Somehow doing one step update four days ago, quicken deleted all my family paycheck transactions and replaced with default bank download with category saying just salary. I am now back tracking last six months paychecks and trying to reenter manually. Only weird thing I noticed is that during one step update saw message on top "Your data is being synced to our improved cloud service. This is a one-time process and may take several minutes.....0%". The % changed from 0 to 100 while it was doing some sort of cloud sync of bank and CC accounts only. After that I notice above issue. I even reinstalled quicken and fresh started from backup file but above phenomenon repeated and wiped my paycheck transactions and replaced with default bank downloaded data. This is happening after R30.14 update. I even contacted Customer support on phone and the reps were from Guatemala call center and they just requested to screenshare for help which is no no for this time and age. The puzzle is - what is this cloud sync and why cloud sync when I am not even subscribed to Mobile and Web. After 22+ years of quicken use and now $75/year subscription fee, not sure if I am more excited or frustrated with quicken use. I think it is time to rethink about quicken subscription.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @raka1212 The original post above was for Quicken Mac, and it appears you're using Quicken Windows. It could be that if Quicken Cloud is at fault, it could be similarly affecting both products, but it might also be separate issues in Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows. I'd suggest you create a new post in a Quicken Windows category here in order to let some of the Quicken Windows experts see it and offer their input.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • LLUD
    LLUD Member
    :# I am running R30:14 on a Windows Platform. Same kind of issue. Seems like something to do with "IMPROVED" One-Step. I was working with Chace credit card when it hosed all transfer from the paying checking account making the checking account appear to have more money in it. Luckily I had a back-up from the night before so the manual damage restoration was minimal. Repeating after manual restoration repeated the issue with different number and the same paying account.(also after cloud interaction many non R transactions after 9/26/2020 had their categories stripped off). Come On Quicken! Lets fix this!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @LLUD  You've posted in a Quicken Mac thread. I suggest you re-post in a Windows category so other Windows users will see it and may be able to offer input. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993