downgrade from Deluxe to Starter

Options
somewhereinusa
somewhereinusa Member
edited January 2021 in Before you Buy
I have Delux but don't really use anything but check register and one step update from my bank. Can I buy the cheaper starter version and still have those two things?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes but if you don't renew Starter Edition it goes into read only mode and you can't even make any manual entries.  And it does have other limitations but you might not be using them.  Like it doesn't have Tags.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    As @volvogirl stated, Starter Edition goes into READ-ONLY mode when the subscription expires, so you need to stay with Deluxe.  When Deluxe's subscription expires, you just lose some of the screen space to Nag panel, see this thread: Expiration-Vote

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Am I missing something? The OP uses OSU and therefore would need to keep the subscription active regardless of product level. So read-only mode would not be a consideration. If other features they use are not missing from Starter, I think it would be fine to downgrade.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    RickO said:
    Am I missing something? The OP uses OSU and therefore would need to keep the subscription active regardless of product level. So read-only mode would not be a consideration. If other features they use are not missing from Starter, I think it would be fine to downgrade.
    The tendency is to warn about what problems one might have, instead of directly answering the question.

@somewhereinusa for your purposes the Starter version will work.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • somewhereinusa
    Options
    What is OTP?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    What is OTP?
    Sorry, weird auto correct. OSU - One Step Update.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is OTP?
    I believe that he meant OSU (One Step Update).

• Edsasso
    Edsasso Member
    Options
    Last year I also downgraded to Starter Edition and noticed that besides the inability to update my 401(k) investment account, which was expected, I can't even manually enter any more transactions to some accounts. Is there any way around this or just forget about some kind of retirement accounts?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edsasso said:
    Last year I also downgraded to Starter Edition and noticed that besides the inability to update my 401(k) investment account, which was expected, I can't even manually enter any more transactions to some accounts. Is there any way around this or just forget about some kind of retirement accounts?
    Only by upgrading to Deluxe or higher.

This discussion has been closed.