Anyone having problems with Bank of America having to reset password

Options
bpearll
bpearll Mac Beta Beta
Interesting thing has been happening. I decided to change my password in Bank of America and went through the procedure. The next day I get a notice I have been locked out and have to resent my password. I went through the procedure and reset Quicken and the next day the same thing happened. 

Best Answer

• bpearll
    bpearll Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I figured this out. Although I changed my password what I didn't know was my Username was compromised and I needed to change my User Name too. I changed both and now all works fine. It did take 3 Bank of America Reps to let me know my User Name was being entered. 
    Thanks, Barry

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @bpearll

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering if it might think you're consistently trying to reset it maybe inside of quicken. When you update the account in Quicken does it show any errors the first time after changing your password? How many days has this been exactly happening for?

Another thing I would double check is on the banks website to see if there's multiple failed activity logins potentially. If so that might give us a better idea what it could be.

If you keep running into issues in the next couple days as well let us know. With more information we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• bpearll
    bpearll Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I figured this out. Although I changed my password what I didn't know was my Username was compromised and I needed to change my User Name too. I changed both and now all works fine. It did take 3 Bank of America Reps to let me know my User Name was being entered. 
    Thanks, Barry
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bpearll

Thanks for letting us know! Once you have your username changed and let us know if you're still having any issues. I don't think we should but just incase so that way we're able to see if we may need to take another look at the issue.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • bpearll
    bpearll Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Guys,
    if you get an email stating that your account has been blocked make sure you change your user name and that will cure the problem. My user name was hacked and the hacker was trying to log into my account. All is well now.
    Barry
  • Richard.horn
    Options
    I changed my password at Bank of America yesterday and now can't get downloads from it. I checked the vault and read a note that passwords were not needed and it didn't let me enter the new one.
This discussion has been closed.