Growth of $10,000 Chart not updating benchmark trends

Options
On my main view, I've got "Growth of $10,000" which shows my accounts. But when I select DJI, S&P500, Nasdaq, etc. those values haven't updated since July of this year. Anybody seen this?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @scdowdle1974

It is possible that your Quicken file is no longer downloading the market index data.  To check this:

1) Click on the "Investing" tab;
    2) Click the "Tools" button and choose "Security List";
    3) Click "Choose Market Indexes";
    4) Make sure that the Indexes you want have a check mark in the box(es).

Let me know how that goes.  

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• scdowdle1974
    scdowdle1974 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Everything was selected. I deselected them, saved the file and closed it. Went back to reopen it and to reselect the Indexes and they were already selected. Like it's a default setting. The graph is still not updating the indexes
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On Tools > Security List make sure the "Download Quotes" box is checked for your selected indexes.

To see if the prices have been downloading, you can click on the index name in the Security List to open its detail view. Then click on More and Edit Price history to see what has downloaded.

That will tell us if you are missing the prices or if they are in your file but not being displayed properly on the graph.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • scdowdle1974
    scdowdle1974 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Okay, good advice. I'm seeing alot of things I had no idea were there! But yes, apparently, the data has not been downloading since July. Any idea why?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What edition and version of Quicken are you running? US or Canada?

Are your other security prices downloading? 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • scdowdle1974
    scdowdle1974 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it's downloading all the other relevant security prices. And it appears everything is selected to "Download Quotes"

And the Version is United States B200.7, Build: 27.0.200.7
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @scdowdle1974

If yu are using One Step Update to download from your various accounts - you need to make sure that you've checked the box at the very bottom of the screen - see this Snip:

Let me know if that was not checked.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• scdowdle1974
    scdowdle1974 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, that is always checked. I've gone so far as to go to the Investing Tab, Tools, and select for instance S&P500 (INX). And under the "edit pricing history" I can see it has only downloaded up to 7/31/2020. I then go to "Download Historical Prices" for the last year and nothing changes. It seems to do this specifically to the S&P500, DJI, Nasdaq. All my other securities show all of the data updated to 12/24/20
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @scdowdle1974

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that you continue to experience this issue.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~