Why is Quicken adding two entries for Repeating Payments?

Options
I have entered a repeating payment on my bank's website, checking account and downloaded it into Quicken. It shows 'Sent' in the Status column. But there is another transaction which shows 'Repeating' in the status column. Quicken did not used to do this. In fact, I have other repeating transactions which do not do that. It means my balance is wrong. Why did it start doing this and how do I fix it?
Thanks.

Answers

• Jeff Schwarz
    Jeff Schwarz Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello @Jeff Schwarz

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.
    We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.
    Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running. Can you also provide the name of the financial institution? This will help others experiencing this issue locate this post.
    Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Jeff Schwarz
    Jeff Schwarz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken - Deluxe
    Year: 2020
    Version: R30.14
    Build: 27.1.30.14

Financial Institution: Bank of America. All of the scheduled transactions shown above are for the same account at B of A, so the institution is not the issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Jeff Schwarz

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to review the logs to help determine the cause of this duplication to offer a solution. 

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Jeff Schwarz
    Jeff Schwarz Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    The 'Repeating' payments were a result of having 'Show Reminders' turned on. Turning them off hides the Repeating payment reminder.

However, some of my transactions had the Repeating Reminders starting on the same day as the payment, whereas others did not. We only want reminders for future payments (it makes no sense to be reminded of an existing payment). This problem was handled by right-clicking on the Reminder which shows on the same day as the payment, hold Control-Shift and click "Delete this instance and all future instances". Apparently, holding Cntl-Shift means Quicken only deletes it in the register and only deletes the current one (or something like that).

Still having issues with one of my payments because its repeating reminder is now not showing up at all. But the problem is mostly resolved.
This discussion has been closed.