I have two positions for ACP one is buy the other is sell. How can I merge them to close out.?

johnq2intx
johnq2intx Member ✭✭
The purchase shows Aberdeen Income Credit Strateg
The sale side shows Aberdeen Income Credit Strateg C

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you replace the security used in the sale transaction with the security used in the purchase transaction.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the same Ticker symbol for these securities?
    How did you record (what Investment Action) the transactions that got you here?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you replace the security used in the sale transaction with the security used in the purchase transaction.
  • johnq2intx
    johnq2intx Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Are you using the same Ticker symbol for these securities?How did you record (what Investment Action) the transactions that got you here?

Yes same ticker symbol, in my wife's account her position shows the "C" on both buy and sell transactions. Apparently there was a change of names that I did not see. Need to be more careful with my positions. The next answer did take care of the problem. Sometimes I should know the simple answer, (I worked in a brokerage firm in the late 1960's and a Mutual Fund House in the 1980's. Had a 6 at the time.) Thanks for your question back, should have thought of these things too.
  • johnq2intx
    johnq2intx Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > I suggest you replace the security used in the sale transaction with the security used in the purchase transaction.

Thank you, should have thought of that in the first place, getting simple is much better than trying to out think the problem into something it isn't.
This discussion has been closed.