How do I change credit card numbers

I had to replace all my credit cards. How do I go in and change those accounts so they update online?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    First, make a backup! But, the simplified answer is to go into each CC account, and under Settings, deactivate them for downloads. Do that first. Then go back in, setup the bank, and LINK to the existing accounts. Rename the accounts in the sidebar if needed. 

That's roughly what you do. You will have to post back if you need more details about performing each step.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    First, make a backup! But, the simplified answer is to go into each CC account, and under Settings, deactivate them for downloads. Do that first. Then go back in, setup the bank, and LINK to the existing accounts. Rename the accounts in the sidebar if needed. 

That's roughly what you do. You will have to post back if you need more details about performing each step.
  • tmetaksa
    tmetaksa Member ✭✭
    How do I keep all my transactions in the deactivated accounts? TIA
  • John_in_NC
    When you setup a bank for download, you might recall that you will be presented with an "Account Discovery" window showing the various accounts held at a particular financial institution (FI). 

There are popup buttons for each account found which allow you to ADD the account as a new one, or LINK to an existing account. You will want to LINK the corresponding new CC account(s) to the older account in your Quicken file so the new card transx flow into the correct older account. I think many of use here have had to do this when we saw some suspicious activity/had to get new card #s to replace existing cards.

This discussion has been closed.