Memorized Payee List - dropping categories

Options
I continue to experience problems with the memorized payee list. I save them, close Quicken and save to cloud and then when reloaded, the list is there, however many have dropped their categories. Especially those that have splits. Anyone else have trouble with this? I am using the latest version R28.15. This never happened before the update. Anyone else experiencing this?

Best Answers

• PamandSteveStrobel
    PamandSteveStrobel Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Ray, I see you are using the Canadian version. In the US version they just release today an update that I believe will fix this issue. I have the same issue and it is frustrating.

Release R30.19 (US Versions, Dec 2020)
    Before you install this update, we recommend you perform a One Step Update to ensure that your data is synced to the cloud. You should also make a backup of your data file.​

Fixed: Resolved an issue that caused categories to disappear after a One Step Update or Mobile/Web Sync.

If this is the fix, hopefully the Canadian fix will be available soon.

Happy New Year!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As a workaround, until there's a fix to the Canadian version (or, for US users, until we know that fix R30.19 (or higher) really fixes the problem) I recommend you turn off Sync, restore your data file from an un-clobbered backup and keep Sync off until further notice.

Answers

• PamandSteveStrobel
    PamandSteveStrobel Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Ray, I see you are using the Canadian version. In the US version they just release today an update that I believe will fix this issue. I have the same issue and it is frustrating.

Release R30.19 (US Versions, Dec 2020)
    Before you install this update, we recommend you perform a One Step Update to ensure that your data is synced to the cloud. You should also make a backup of your data file.​

Fixed: Resolved an issue that caused categories to disappear after a One Step Update or Mobile/Web Sync.

If this is the fix, hopefully the Canadian fix will be available soon.

Happy New Year!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As a workaround, until there's a fix to the Canadian version (or, for US users, until we know that fix R30.19 (or higher) really fixes the problem) I recommend you turn off Sync, restore your data file from an un-clobbered backup and keep Sync off until further notice.
This discussion has been closed.