Credit Score - Error - Server not responding

I'm getting a "Error - Server not responding" error panel when I attempt to get my Credit Score. Please provide a patch to correct the issue or the manual steps I need to take to resolve this issue.

Quicken - Deluxe
Year 2020
Version R30.14
Build 27.1.30.14

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @JimAbshire

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would first try to sign out and sign back into the program and see if that resolves the issue.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID

If the trouble persists, I would attempt to register on the Equifax site below and see if you are able to successfully register or if you receive an error as well.

https://my.equifax.com/membercenter/#/login

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• JimAbshire
    JimAbshire Member ✭✭✭
    Please let me know how to correct the error that is issued when I attempt to view it using the "Credit Score" link at the bottom of my ACCOUNTS and "Net Worth". I click on the link, I'm prompted to enter my *Social Security Number, press "Continue", and then "Error - Server not responding" is issued. The full message is:

Error - Server not responding

Server error

There has been an internal server error with the page you have
    requested or the server is not responding.
    Please try later.

You can only click on the "Close" button to exit the window.

*Note: trying later makes no difference.

Please fix this issue and supply me with the solution steps.

Thank you for your Time and Support - Merry Christmas!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @JimAbshire

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would first try to sign out and sign back into the program and see if that resolves the issue.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID

If the trouble persists, I would attempt to register on the Equifax site below and see if you are able to successfully register or if you receive an error as well.

https://my.equifax.com/membercenter/#/login

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • JohnC
    JohnC Member ✭✭✭
    The credit report indicates an update is available every so often. The last time (12/29/20) I updated it opened the report window but there was no data in it. Credit score zero, number of accounts zero, etc.

I've spent several hours trying to report it or fix it on the chat and phone. No reason to post the usual result of that effort. They even had me call Equifax which I knew was a waste of time because they were also clueless about how Quicken links into their system.

It appears to my uneducated eye that the call for data from quicken to Equifax is missing the identification information (name, social security number, etc) to bring up my individual information and unless there are several hundred complaints it will lie in the to-do bin for a few months.

So I figured I'd be first in line....... I did all of the things their script tells them to tell me and had a fun two hours of chat. The real irritent in the system is they use the same script for everything and fail to listen to the real question. Sorry about the venting.
  • JimAbshire
    JimAbshire Member ✭✭✭
    Hello Tyka,

I followed your steps concerning Quicken and I'm still getting the same error as listed above in this posting thread. I also used your supplied My.Equifax link and was SUCCESSFUL in obtaining my Credit Score.

Please provide additional steps to be taken to resolve this issue. I would expect this to be resolve since I'm paying an annual fee for Quicken.

Thank you for your Time and Support!
    2021 will be an Outstanding year for you, your family and Quicken!
  • Ronald Witt
    Ronald Witt Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka, I also tried your recommendations and was not successful. I did go to their homepage logged in. had to wait a couple of minutes before I was able to get into the credit report windows. there was such a delay that I think Quicken, when it attempts to open the credit window actually times out.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ronald Witt

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • DMM
    DMM Member
    Has there been an update to this? I get same error after signing out , and then back in. After inputting my ss#, I get: Error- Server not responding.
  • JimAbshire
    JimAbshire Member ✭✭✭
    Is Quicken planning on fixing this issue or are they going to pull the feature from the product? I feel as a paying Quicken customer I should ask and demand that this feature work. If they pull it, then they should consider a rebate back to their loyal Quicken customers.
  • ceeyloc2
    ceeyloc2 Member ✭✭
    Credit Score - Error - Server not responding is still happening as of April 9, 2021. :/
    Quicken Deluxe
    Version: R32.12
    Build: 27.1.32.12
    Windows 10 Enterprise
  • David Grant
    David Grant Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. It has not worked for months. Is there a plan to fix it or should we jut give-up and wait for it to disappear in an update? Sorry to sound snarky but reading this thread is like a broken record.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Credit Score is working as expected for me.
    SO, I suspect that the issue is specific to your installation of Q (perhaps that has gotten corrupted) or something specific to your computer (perhaps the Firewall).
    Contact Q Support, as Tyka advised above.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Dan Murray
    Dan Murray Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I have the same issue with Server not responding - I actually have two files that I use for Quicken - one for my household bills and one for tracking my student loans. The credit report for the household bills stopped working some time ago, whereas the Student Loan credit report install still works perfectly fine - have tried logging out and back in with no success. I guess will have to try to uninstall and reinstall again - I would have to assume that either data files uses the same install and not a separate one? I would have to say something is not set quite right on the QData File that is causing the issue - dont think it is the application itself?

Followup - picked one of my old files that I have not used for a while - opened it up and it did a file conversion and see an old credit score - attempt to open to update credit score - get Quicken cannot display more than 1500 reminders in the Stack View. To continue working in the Stack view, try choosing a less inclusive date range. If that doesnt work, choose a different view, such as List or Monthly List. Select OK - Credit Score Nov 12 2021 pops up - nothing wrong with the application - the household bills file I am trying to open is corrupt somehow - not allowing the Credit Score to be shown or connect!
    Thanks Dan
This discussion has been closed.