2020 budget showing Jan 21-dec 21 in upper right "difference."

Options
I created a completely separate budget for 2021. When opening the window for my 2020 budget, I can see the 2020 income and expenses along with the difference but in the upper right hand corner it shows the difference for January through December 2021. How can I have that just show the difference between January through December 2020? That number, in the upper right corner, is vastly different than the amount in the difference amount showing in the Budget totals for the year.
Quicken user since 1997 when Dollars and $ense died.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    it isn’t intended for you to create new budges every year. The existing one has switched to the new year. I don’t know of any way to force it to an older view-it will always open to the current month. 

You can always go back in time to look at the older budgets-they are retained. Editing current budget goals only affects the current year-prior years are unaltered. 

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    it isn’t intended for you to create new budges every year. The existing one has switched to the new year. I don’t know of any way to force it to an older view-it will always open to the current month. 

You can always go back in time to look at the older budgets-they are retained. Editing current budget goals only affects the current year-prior years are unaltered. 
This discussion has been closed.