Printing a budget

Options
I'm looking for a way to print a month budget/expenses on 1-2 pages- like row/column. The only monthly budget print I see is the fancy bar chart that has 6 pages. From looking at youtube it appears the Windows version has such a report
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    I'd add one more important setting for printing budgets: it's in the Print dialog box and easily overlooked.

Here, you can tell Quicken to print:
    • all 12 months wide on a page (so often just 1 page, depending how many categories you have in your budget) -- which is generally too small to be useful
    • 6 months/page (or two pages wide, which might be just 2 pages, or 4 depending on how many categories there are in your budget) -- which is still pretty tiny, but may be useful for some work
    • 4 months/page (three pages wide) or 3 months/page (4 pages wide) -- which are larger and easier to read, but might take a lot of pages to print depending on your number of categories. 
    Since each month in the budget is three columns (budget, actual and difference), many people find it easier to export and open in Excel or Numbers, where you can quickly eliminate data you don't want in order to focus on the date you want.

@Paul24 Going back to your original question, this approach to printing the entire 12-month budget can be useful even if you just want to look at a single month: use the 12 month budget, export to a spreadsheet, delete all the other columns, and now you have a much better (in my opinion) report of your one month budget-versus-actual than Quicken's old and messy one-month budget report with it's clunky bar-charts.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Paul24

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Below, I have included all of the printing and exporting options that the budget provides.

At this time, there are no further settings or preferences available.

The budget may need to be exported and opened in Excel to be edited to show what you need, I apologize for not having better news.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    I'd add one more important setting for printing budgets: it's in the Print dialog box and easily overlooked.

Here, you can tell Quicken to print:
    • all 12 months wide on a page (so often just 1 page, depending how many categories you have in your budget) -- which is generally too small to be useful
    • 6 months/page (or two pages wide, which might be just 2 pages, or 4 depending on how many categories there are in your budget) -- which is still pretty tiny, but may be useful for some work
    • 4 months/page (three pages wide) or 3 months/page (4 pages wide) -- which are larger and easier to read, but might take a lot of pages to print depending on your number of categories. 
    Since each month in the budget is three columns (budget, actual and difference), many people find it easier to export and open in Excel or Numbers, where you can quickly eliminate data you don't want in order to focus on the date you want.

@Paul24 Going back to your original question, this approach to printing the entire 12-month budget can be useful even if you just want to look at a single month: use the 12 month budget, export to a spreadsheet, delete all the other columns, and now you have a much better (in my opinion) report of your one month budget-versus-actual than Quicken's old and messy one-month budget report with it's clunky bar-charts.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.