Does Quicken have any plans to integrate with Ebay Managed payments?

I've been a quicken user for more than a decade. My subscription is set to expire soon. I sell on eBay and ever since they switched to their own managed payments system I'm not able to download transactions. I'm just wondering if anyone heard any chatter about future integration. I'm going to have to switch over completely to godaddy bookkeeping for now but I like quicken and I'm comfortable with it.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This something you will never hear "chatter" about.
    Not only does Quicken Inc seem to have a company policy about not posting anything about such things, it isn't even really up to them.  They are a customer just like you and can only submit the request.  They pay Intuit to do such "aggregation".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to Chris_QPW's comment, the financial institution has to want to be "integrated", you need to plead your case to eBay Managed Payments.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• I did talk to eBay and they said it's up to the 3rd party to integrate their API data downloads. Ebay currently has roughly 180 million users give or take a million ( about 25 million sellers ) and eBay made it mandatory to use their managed payment system and ditch accepting payments from paypal.. Im sure this news made its way up the food chain and into a board room at Intuit who said if WE don't make changes, we stand to lose a substantial market. A company like Intuit will only make changes when they get hit in the wallet not when a few people send in requests.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt this would have even come close to the "board room".

First off Intuit doesn't make money from Express Web Connect financial institutions.
    There is no fee involved, this is one reason that financial institutions prefer it over supporting Direct Connect.

So the only way this will hit Intuit in its pocket book is if QuickBook user complain.  Notice I didn't include Quicken users. Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the service. They can "complain" for their users for a given connection, but they can hardly "terminate/change" the contract for one financial institution connection.

And it isn't going to get anywhere near the board room, because this is a discussion between the financial institution (or in this case their aggregator vendor) and the Intuit department for this.  As there is no doubt that Intuit wouldn't have any problem signing an agreement with that aggregator to provide the connection (there is an agreement to decide what the process is for getting the data), but they aren't going to lose any sleep over "no request" or such things.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.