Pending transaction not showing in register

I entered a transfer transaction for moving an amount from my checking account to my savings account. This was dated for tomorrow. If I go to my savings account this pending transaction does not appear unless I change the display to "All Dates". I currently have it set to display the Last 30 Days. I don't recall that this was the default behavior.

Anyone?

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    As a test, I tested this in Quicken 2013 for Windows.
    The first image is of a cash account with some transactions that are older than 30 days, some less than 30 and one future transaction.  Filter is set to "All Dates".
    The second image is filtered for "Last 30 days", it does not show the over 30 or the future transactions, just the 2 transactions with dates in the "last 30".
    So, this behavior has been around for at least 7 years.

ALL DATES

LAST 30 DAYS

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    OK - Cool. Thanks!

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if anything changed, but what you are seeing makes since for "last 30 days".  Tomorrow is in the future and not in the last 30 days.  "Last" anything would be transactions that would be included in "Current Balance", not necessarily the "Ending Balance" which includes the future..
  • chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    I guess that makes sense, but it sure seems to be different behavior than what I've seen before. I still wish I would see pending transactions...
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    As a test, I tested this in Quicken 2013 for Windows.
    The first image is of a cash account with some transactions that are older than 30 days, some less than 30 and one future transaction.  Filter is set to "All Dates".
    The second image is filtered for "Last 30 days", it does not show the over 30 or the future transactions, just the 2 transactions with dates in the "last 30".
    So, this behavior has been around for at least 7 years.

ALL DATES

LAST 30 DAYS

• chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    OK - Cool. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.