Credit card update

gegick
gegick Member
I have a replacement card for one that was stolen. When I download the charges, I get duplicates of previously downloaded charges so I have to go back and delete them. How do I prevent the duplicates ?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I think what's probably happening is that the CC transferred the valid charges from the old to the new card. Quicken is seeing these as new and downloading them again. Once the old charges are downloaded, it will probably stop.

How long has this been going on? Are charges that were only charged on the new card being duplicated? If so, you might want to try disconnecting the account and then reconnecting it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • gegick
    gegick Member
    Thanks. The duplicate has been happening since the new card was issued. I agree that it seems like the charges were probably transferred to the new card. But, how do I get quicken to stop downloading the previous charges?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    When they have been downloaded once, they should not download again even if you delete them. So just keep deleting the duplicates and it should resolve itself within one statement cycle.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.