How can I combine two credit card accounts?

sahlsmith
sahlsmith Member
I have credit card transactions for the same card in two different Quicken accounts. One account contains transactions from OCT 2020 through DEC 2020, and the other contains transactions from JAN 2020 through SEP 2020.
I want to combine these two accounts into one. I read about accessing a merge accounts function under the TOOLS item in the main navigation menu, but that must have been relating to an older version because there is no TOOLS item on my main menu.
TYIA,
Scott

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    What you read is for QWin.

I will assume that both accounts are in the same Quicken file, correct? If so, all you need to do is select all the transaction in one account and drag/drop them onto the other account in the sidebar. This will move them, and the first account will be empty. It can then be deleted.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    What you read is for QWin.

I will assume that both accounts are in the same Quicken file, correct? If so, all you need to do is select all the transaction in one account and drag/drop them onto the other account in the sidebar. This will move them, and the first account will be empty. It can then be deleted.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Adding to what RickO wrote: go to the account you want to eliminate, click Command-A to Select All transactions. When they're all highlighted, click and drag on any of them over to the account you want them moved into in the left sidebar. When you release your mouse, all the transactions are moved to the other account. Click on the account in the left sidebar to verify that everything is there as expected.

To delete the now-empty account, Control-click on it in the left sidebar, and the last option on the dropdown menu will be to delete the account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • sahlsmith
    sahlsmith Member
    Thank you! Your suggestion worked perfectly.
    --Scott
This discussion has been closed.