Budget using Category Groups only

I have the Deluxe version R28.15 (switched from Money Manager 2014). I've been able to setup a group and move categories under it successfully, but the Everything Else category does not appear as it is in the pre-set groups. The F1 help describes adding the budget amount to the group (the book & movie example in the F1 help is just what I want.) The dropdown lists it says I should be seeing are not there.

Can anyone point to the correct instructions to use this budget feature?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Kevin_

I do apologize for the issue you're having. In this case I believe it would be best to contact Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Kevin_,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to better assist you further, I would just like to gain some clarification first, if you don't mind. Did the Everything Else category just recently stop showing or have you never before been able to get it to show?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Everything Else group isn't a group you put categories into.  It is the group for the categories you haven't put in any other group.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW since the Everything Else group only appears on the Graph View, and not in the Annual View or reports, I suggest instead using a category group.

The Everything Else "idea" seems to be "we should protect the user/let them know" that they have expenses they left out of their budget.  Not a group for "miscellaneous".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kevin_
    Kevin_ Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Anja" said:
    > Hello @Kevin_,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > In order to better assist you further, I would just like to gain some clarification first, if you don't mind. Did the Everything Else category just recently stop showing or have you never before been able to get it to show?
    >
    > Please, check back and let us know!

When I created a Category Group the Everything Else line did not appear at the bottom of the group in the Planner graph view.
  • Kevin_
    Kevin_ Member ✭✭
    If the Everything Else is not there then am I missing something for the F1 help instructions?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Kevin_

I do apologize for the issue you're having. In this case I believe it would be best to contact Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Kevin_
    Kevin_ Member ✭✭
    I learned 2 things from Quicken Support.
    First that the categories added to a category group can not be a sub-category of a category that is still part of Personal Expense category.
    Second is that there are F1 Help files installed with the Canadian version were written for the US version. Some features are different and have different instructions.
This discussion has been closed.