Any idea why I cannot connect to U.S. Bank PFM Direct suddenly?

JJM 242
JJM 242 Member ✭✭
PFM direct connection ar U.S Bank no longer available. Bank says it is a Quivken problem. Any thoughts÷

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021
    I've been having the same problem for almost a week now... my REI MasterCard is a US Bank product and I keep getting an error.  Usually these things clear up in a day or two, but not this time.  I tried resetting the connection, but that didn't help.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at your Account List to see if the accounts are sill connected?  And connected to "U.S. Bank - PFM Direct Connect"?
    And, do you still have USB taking the $3.95/month payments from some account (I don't know if a USB checking account is required for this).
    BECAUSE,  I downloaded from  4  USB accounts just this morning without issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• MontanaKarl
    @JJM 242  @NotACPA
    Sorry I jumped in - mine is a different issue as I've been on Express Web Connect (EWC) for my US Bank credit card account (and checking there way in the past) for years... not Direct Connect, which is the OP's issue.   EWC has always been free - and worked perfectly up until this past week.  Still, if we're both having issues... it could be US Bank's servers and the IT department is still on holiday...

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    @MontanaKarl I switched to Direct Connect several years ago, for my then 5 accounts, because I consider USB's implementation  of EWC to be too flaky to justify my frustration level with it.
    $3.95/month is, to me, a bargain as many banks charge $9.95 (OR MORE) for the same service.
    I do wish, however, that they'd give their "Private Banking" clients, like me, this as a bonus benefit.
    As a  minor consolation, to me anyway, I'm pulling my 3 month old mortgage out of USB and moving to another bank that has an even lower rate on a 30yr Jumbo.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JJM 242 The banks, ANY BANK, almost always try to blame Q ... even after we've PROVEN that it's the bank's screw-up.
    So, take their claims with a grain of salt.

• MontanaKarl
    EWC at US Bank started working for me again yesterday after disconnecting and reconnecting to the bank when prompted by Quicken.

• Still unable to connect it is at least 5 days now. According to the bank I am not locked out but according to Quicken, there is a message "Invalid credentials - user id locked" when trying to access each of my US bank accounts. Ideas?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Mark Barnard  Have you tried contacting Quicken Support? They should be able to dig into this with you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Yes, have been in touch with them - first time, they referred me to the bank, the bank advised my account is not locked and transferred me back to quicken support, who wasn't able to figure out what the issue was other than it might be linked to my keychain account storing an out of date password. So I cleared all the keychain accounts linked to the bank and that did not solve it. Will be back on the phone with Quicken again tomorrow. The strange thing is that on the discussion board, there was post about an open issue with US Bank that is still being worked, but I think that post was from a few days ago. Thank you.
  • Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    No problem here with direct connect downloads from US Bank - success both yesterday (Jan 4) and today.
  • Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    People often assume there are only two parties involved in these downloads - Quicken, and their bank.  Not true.  Quicken uses a third-party aggregator to gather data from the banks and deliver it to their systems.  Apparently the bank support people are generally not aware of this, and so they assume if their end is working then the problem must be with Quicken.

I learned this a couple years ago while trying to correct a similar issue.  The first-level support person at my bank (US Bank) was telling me "not our problem, must be a problem with Quicken".  I'd heard that before, and was totally frustrated with that answer - as people in this thread are.  I asked to speak to his supervisor, and that's how I learned about the third-party aggregator.

The problem was fixed a few hours later with no further action by me.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I downloaded 4 accounts from US Bank - PFM  Direct Connect, without problem, this morning.

This discussion has been closed.