What category are you using for the $600 covid check?

edyohe
edyohe Member ✭✭
What category are you using for the $600 covid check? I just can't seem to decide

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @edyohe

There was an extensive discussion on this same topic when the first checks were issued last year - see this message thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20088000#Comment_20088000

It seems like most folks categorized it as "miscellaneous" income without a tax line assigned.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Gift Received"

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• KDJ21
    KDJ21 Member ✭✭
    So are those $600, 300 and 1400 COVID stimulus checks taxable as income? For some reason I thought they weren't taxed.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KDJ21

Did you read the comments and linked thread above? The consensus here is that these payments are not taxable.

You should consult your tax adviser.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • KDJ21
    KDJ21 Member ✭✭
    Ok thanks just wanted to be sure. I'm thinking maybe to recategorizing it to something else other than "other Inc" that quicken gave as default categorization. I need it to show up as revenue coming in so I can explore my income and spending but not in a way that shows up on my report to send out for taxes. If that makes sense.