OneDrive sync issue after today's Quicken update

Options
Richard Sw
Richard Sw Member ✭✭
Message I have from OneDrive:

Qucken.Ink
No access permissions to this item. It appears that you do not have access permissions to the item. Ensure that you have the right permissions to allow the iem to sync.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @Richard Sw,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

I would just like to gain some clarification to better understand the root cause of your issue in order to better assist further.

Since you mentioned you received this error message from OneDrive - Do you by chance have your data file stored in a OneDrive folder on your PC, or have your PC's hard drive auto-synced to OneDrive?

If you don't mind, could you please verify/confirm the exact location pathway of where your Quicken data file is currently stored in your Windows File Explorer (e.g.: Quicken data files' default location is in the following pathway; C:\Users\"Username"\Documents\Quicken - see illustration below)?

Some issues that users may experience with Quicken can be caused by storing your data file on an external drive/online-based backup drive folders/locations such as OneDrive, DropBox, iCloud, etc. to name a few as examples.

Please, check back and let us know.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Richard Sw
    Richard Sw Member ✭✭
    Options
    Anja,
    Thanks for your prompt reply. My answer to your questions are in parentheses)

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    Help > About Quicken (Quicken Starter Edition)

I would just like to gain some clarification to better understand the root cause of your issue in order to better assist further.

Since you mentioned you received this error message from OneDrive - Do you by chance have your data file stored in a OneDrive folder on your PC, or have your PC's hard drive auto-synced to OneDrive? (Yes...auto-synced)

If you don't mind, could you please verify/confirm the exact location pathway of where your Quicken data file is currently stored in your Windows File Explorer (e.g.: Quicken data files' default location is in the following pathway; C:\Users\"Username"\Documents\Quicken - see illustration below)?

(C:\Users\dsnow\OneDrive\Documents\Financial\Quicken\BACKUP)

The file causing the problem had a red X on it, so I deleted the file and solved the problem without impacting my Quicken.

Best regards,
    Richard
This discussion has been closed.