Web connect transactions automatically matching with existing transactions

Comments

• bcressn1
    bcressn1 Member
    Web Connect & PNC accounts. Not having problems with PNC web connect except when i download transactions they automatically match with what i have in my register. this is a problem for me. it should put them in the downloaded transaction area at the bottom and let me manually match them. its been doing this since web connect was updated to no password. Im really thinking about going to another program. having to many problems with quicken
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, set Automatic entry is: Off, and select OK.

To unmatch all the matched transactions in the Downloaded Transactions tab, select a downloaded transaction, right-click and select Make All Transactions New.

If you do not want Quicken to attempt to match the transactions to your memorized payees using your renaming rules, select Edit > Preferences...

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying that transactions are going directly into the register and marked matched or are they still going into the Downloaded Transactions tab, and marked matched there, and you don't want that?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I have a similar issue in that if I accept the matched transactions from American Airlines Fed Credit Union, the PAYEE and the MEMO that I originally entered is replaced with what is downloaded from the bank (version R30.19, build 27.1.30.19). By changing my payee and memo, this destroys some of my history reports. The transactions with a transfer category have the transfer account replaced with the banking account from which the payment was made (transferred to itself). [removed-rant]
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Found my issue. Somehow my download preferences were changed completely to allow automatic entry into register and to use Quicken suggested Payee and category rather than the way it was. I am guessing an update must have changed those settings as I did not.
This discussion has been closed.